Internet FTP Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internet FTP Help

I am new to FTP and TCP/IP and I'm confused. After about two weeks of trial and error I finally have figured out how to "connect" to my target server. At least I think I have. When I STRTCPFTP I get this........ Connecting to remote host 199.190.13.51 using port 21. 220-QTCP at 199.190.13.51. 220 Connection will close if idle more than 5 minutes. OS/400 is the remote operating system. The TCP/IP version is "V3R2M0". After this I am prompted to enter a userid and password and I am immediately rejected with a 331 error. The company I am sending to tells me that the Userid/password are valid and the problem is mine. Any help would be appreciated.

Internet FTP Help

Not sure what a 331 error is. If it's related to security try changing the case of what you are keying, upper to lower or lower to upper case. This is usually the obvious. Or contact the target again and ask about case sensitivity. They could have your profile in mixed case (1st letter in upper, rest in lower, or all in lower except for middle character, etc.).

Comment

Internet FTP Help

Ray, Do you get any other text after the 331? I would think it would be something like "Enter password". After you get this error you might try something like: close open systemname userid password Is this between AS/400s? If it is you might also try the FTP client with Windows. From "Run" you should be able to do FTP x.x.x.x. The user and password are not case sensitive on an AS/400. David Morris

Comment

Internet FTP Help

Put your cursor on the error message and then press F1. You will get additional explanation as to why you were rejected

Comment

Working...
        X