Getting image files to the AS/400 IFS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting image files to the AS/400 IFS

What is the best way to get an image file (jpeg, gif, etc.) from a PC (actually Macintosh) to the IFS? I've tried using Fetch, which is a Macintosh FTP utility, to transfer the file from my Mac to a source file on the AS/400, then use CPYTOSTMF to transfer the file to a stream file in the IFS. The file gets treansferred OK, but my browser can't display it. There are a couple of jpeg files already in our IFS (that someone before me put there) that can be displayed, so I know the browser is looking in the right place. Is there something I'm doing wrong in the Mac-to-AS/400 transfer, or the transfer to the IFS? Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks-

After connecting FTP to the AS/400, did you use the "BIN" directive. This will cause the AS/400 to accept the file without any translation.

Comment

Yes, I've tried all different format options. I keep getting the error "Error 404 Not found - file doesn't exist or is read protected even tried multi" However, when I look in the directory using WRKLNK, I see the file, as well as the older one that can be displayed in the browser just fine. I forgot to mention that we're on V4R4, by the way. Thanks-

Comment

If you are getting a 404 error, the problem may be with the authority. Change the authority on the new file to match the old one that works to see if that helps. Scott Mildenberger

Comment

The authority was definitely part of the problem. I no longer get the 404 error, but the image doesn't display correctly - the browser just displays the image that displays as an image is being loaded, so it must be a translation problem somewhere. I'll keep trying. Thanks for everyone's help-

Comment

Working...
          X