JavaScript/Net.Data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JavaScript/Net.Data

I have a form whose fields I validate using JavaScript, which I then use in a DTW_SQL function to retrive the records from an AS/400 file based on what the user selected. This part works fine, but what I want to do is graph the resulting table, and display it in the browser window instead of displaying the table itself. Does this sound feasible, or do I have to manually download the file into Excel, graph the data, convert the graph to HTML, then display the HTMLed graph?. Surely there is a more eligant solution than this. If you've ever played with the graphs on Yahoo's stock market pages, then you've seen something similar. The user changes a time period, then a new graph (in .gif format) is displayed.

JavaScript/Net.Data

You can pass the data returned from the SQL statement to a java applet which graphs the results. With the data from the sql, you would dynamically build the HTML statement for the applet tag within the Net.Data macro. Rather than writing the applets, you should check the applets available from www.ve.com They provide a wide array of applets as well as the documentation on how to enter the HTML.

Comment

Working...
    X