CGI & AS/400 Confused

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CGI & AS/400 Confused

I am having trouble gathering information on working with CGIs and the AS/400. I have the CGIDEV library, and have part of our intranet working with it, but am having some problems that I can not research. 1st issue: My page gets written back to the browser, HTMLDEBUG shows that it wrote the whole page, but when the browser gets the page, it loses part of the end of the document. (CGI generated only) 2nd issue: Are there any other debuging/reporting tools that can help with these kind of problems.

CGI & AS/400 Confused

Watch the length of the stream to your browser, do not exceed 255 chars without a LFCF. Secondly determine if the AS/400 is sending the data as expected by running a com. trace. Good Luck!!!

Comment

CGI & AS/400 Confused

Mr. Peters, The length is less than 254. The page will get written back completely one time, but not the nexted. I havent tried a com trace yet. I have been searching for some kind of timeing out issue.

Comment

CGI & AS/400 Confused

Are you running your CGI program(s) with named activation group? If it is, it can be that the output buffer variable for the QtmhWrStout API did not get clear after the first time the program get activated. Another thing you can try is to view the HTML source from the browser and see if you can find anything that is obvious. P.S. If you are on V4R2 and above, the output length can be greater than 255. Shawn Fu

Comment

Working...
        X