Serving ERP Data To The Web

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serving ERP Data To The Web

I am currently working on an e-commerce project, attempting to decide which technology to use to serve up data from our back-end ERP system to the internet for customers. The front end e-commerce system is built with Net.Commerce. Both the e-commerce and ERP servers are AS/400's. I am currently looking at Strategi, IBM's host on demand, and most seriously looking a utilizing Java in conjunction with either MQSeries or data queues with the AS/400 Toolbox for Java. Anyone have any "bright" ideas? *********************************************** Jim Sehi Sr. Programmer/Analyst Hach Company 5600 Lindbergh Drive Loveland, Colorado 80538 Email: jsehi@hach.com Phone: 970-663-1377 x2538 Fax: 970-669-2932 URL: http://www.hach.com ?How the world tests water? ***********************************************

I am currently working on an e-commerce project, attempting to decide which technology to use to serve up data from our back-end ERP system to the internet for customers. The front end e-commerce system is built with Net.Commerce. Both the e-commerce and ERP servers are AS/400's. I am currently looking at Strategi, IBM's host on demand, and most seriously looking a utilizing Java in conjunction with either MQSeries or data queues with the AS/400 Toolbox for Java. Anyone have any "bright" ideas? Actually, yes I do . I just got done giving several presentations at COMMON on this very topic. You can see them by going to the following URL: http://www.plutabrothers.com/COMMON/index.htm There are two powerpoint presentations, "Using the Web as a Display File" and "Moving Your Legacy Systems to the Web" that provide an overview of a strategy that I call revitalization, which allows you to put green screen applications directly onto the web. If you find those intriguing, you can download a fully functional demonstration application (including source) by going to this URL: http://www.zappie.net/revitalization (They're on two different websites, because the revitalization software is freeware, while the presentations are what I actually teach - I give classes in using Java in conjunction with the AS/400.) Anyway, the idea is to use servlets and JavaServer Pages to act as a display file emulator, thereby allowing you to put your programs on the web immediately. That then buys you time to decide which applications should be converted to a client/server architecture, and eventually to a full object architecture as needed. The process allows you to mix the three different programming strategies, depending on your busines needs. For example, I usually tell clients that they'll probably want to focus on their supply chain first, because that will allow them to implement business-to-business e-commerce. Anyway, take a look at what's there and see if any of it makes sense, and feel free to ask questions. src="//www.zappie.net/java/_derived/index.htm_cmp_zero110_vbtn_p.gif" width="140" height="60" border="0" alt="Java400.net - Java/400 Freeware" align="middle"> Java400.Net - where the AS/400 speaks Java with an RPG accent Home of PBD2.0, the color=red>FREE Java/400 Client/Server color=blue>Revitalization Toolkit

Comment

The Electran/AS product provides direct connect between net.commerce and ERP systems running on the AS/400. Call me at 415-925-8480 x112 for info. Patricia Gallery

Comment

Working...
      X