Mail Server Framework

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mail Server Framework

I am running a batch job involving a SNDDST command. At times, this is leading to an abnormal end in the QMSF job with reason code 03 (03-An internal system error was detected by the MSF job). The joblog descibes the message as "Syntax error on call to MSF API QzmfChgMailMsg. Reason code 28 (Length error)". When I try doing a STRMSF(*RESUME) or STRMSF(*RESET), the MSF job does not re-start and ends in the same fashion. However, if I do a STRMSF(*CLEAR), then the MSF does start. But, this way all my pending distributions get cleared. Any thoughts on this? Thanks. Jenny.

Mail Server Framework

Sounds like you may be getting some corrupted data sent to the AS/400 Mail Server Framework. This could be a hard one to debug though, because the Mail Server Framework is not easy to troubleshoot and there's no good way to track down message data flowing through the system. You might want to check the AS/400 PTF Site at http://www.as400.ibm.com There might be a documented problem in the PTF Cover Letters. I'm not sure if the AS/400 Mail Server Framework is your primary email system, but if your main email system is something such as MS Exchange, Lotus Domino, Novell Groupwise, etc. you may want to take a look at our SMTP/400 Email API. SMTP/400 lets you send text messages and file attachments without the need to start the AS/400 mail server framework or SMTP server. For more info check out our web site or feel free to contact me directly. Regards, Richard Schoen RJS Software Systems Inc. "The AS/400 Report Distribution Experts" Email: richard@rjssoft.com Web Site: http://www.rjssoft.com

Comment

Mail Server Framework

If you are at V4R3 and Cum of 99131, order group Ptf of SF99103, the group ptfs resolved the error code 3 issue.

Comment

Working...
      X