HTTP server welcome missing graphics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HTTP server welcome missing graphics

I am running http server under 4.3 and my welcome page is missing the graphics. I am storing them in the same directory as the welcome page and have a pass directive allowing access. Any ideas? Joe

Are you getting a symbol where the missing graphics should be, or nothing at all?

Comment

I'm getting the symbol which shows the alt text.

Comment

When I saw this kind of problem before, it was related to the HTTP config file. Could you post it or at least your MAP and PASS statements.

Comment

I am running HTTP Serever with V4R4 and am having the same problem. I think IBM has provided a hint to the answer to this problem. In the Mapping Directives comments for Configuration: CONFIG as shipped by IBM was the following: # The next two Pass directives are shipped in the IBM # AS/400 Internet Connection server configuration in # V4R1. The first Pass directive serves a file called # Welcome.html for a request of the form # http://hostname. The second Pass directive allows # image files referenced in the Welcome.html file to # be served. # # Pass / /QIBM/ProdData/HTTP/Public/TC1/ICSS/HTML/Welcome.html # Pass /sample/* /QIBM/ProdData/HTTP/Public/TC1/ICSS/HTML/* The only QIBM Pass directive I have is the following: Pass /QIBM/ProdData/HTTP/Public/* Seems the past few time I've made changes it breaks things and I have to put things back the way they were.

Comment

There may be more than one reasons, the first thing to do is to find if you corectly spelled the image and if you corectly specified the path. Case are important ImagE1.gif is not the same than image1.gif. A good way to verify it is, with your navigator, go to your page then with the mouse Right click on the missing image then press "display property" You will then be able to see what and where your navigator is looking for the image. An other problem may be the way the image was "uploaded" on the server, image and text(HTML) are not stored the same way, while HTML page are in ASCII, images are in binary. Note : There is curently only two format or images supported directly "without add-on or applet" they are .GIF and .JPG if you try to use other format like .TIF or .BMP the navigator will not be able to display it

Comment

This is a myth. Case does not matter except in the /QOpenSys directory (if that). The root file system, case doesn't matter. In consulting with folks on this same issue, most of the time the error is because they are specifying either the wrong path, or the real path instead of the virtual path. For example, The following PASS is used. Pass /* /webstuff/* In webstuff is image pic.gif and file index.html that uses pic.gif. The IMG tag is as follows on most that do this wrong.. [img]/webstuff/pic.gif[/img] when it should be [img]pic.gif[/img] or [img]/pic.gif[/img] When getting errors like this, it is best to post not only your config file, but also the HTML that is in error and the actual paths to the files on your machine. IT will get these problems solved much quicker. Brad

Comment

Working...
              X