Compiling netdata ILE program cannot find symbol cvtcgmthi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compiling netdata ILE program cannot find symbol cvtcgmthi

I am having trouble getting a clean compile(ILE RPG). I am doing options to create module and then trying option 14 to create an RPG program. The error tells me I am not able to find a symbol (I forget the name of it right now)in Qtemp. It looks like it cannot find the external definition for the GENENV or PUTENV in the RPG program (get and/or put envelop). Also the program uses APIs and has buffers that exist in data structures. The program had compiled previously. My purpose is to be able to pass data and call an RPG program and update data on the the AS/400 from the parms sent. THnaks for any help.

Gary, You say the program uses APIs. Can we assume that you have not added any PTFs or gone through a version upgrade recently? Later, Bret

Comment

Option 14 will sometimes mask the problem which keeps the program from being created. Instead of using option 14, use option 15 and then use CRTPGM to create the program. If the programs is not created, look in the joblog for the reason. I personally no longer use option 14 (CRTBNDRPG) to create programs. I find it is easier to use the method I described, it gives me much more information. Hope this helps! Jerry Hensley

Comment

Try using the DSPPGM command. Dave

Comment

You can't tell which binding directory was used, but to show the modules/service programs used you can use the: DSPPGM PGM(pgmname) DETAIL(*MODULE) for modules and DSPPGM PGM(pgmname) DETAIL(*SRVPGM) for service programs. Or use *ALL and go through the list. Brad

Comment

Gary, You are no doubt missing a binding directory or not listing service programs/modules on the compile. You say that: 1. Your program uses APIs. 2. It can't find the definition for GETENV, etc. GETENV is most likely a wrapper for the QtmhGetEnv API. This means that there is a module or service program on your system that contains a referece to this subprocedure. If you're also using APIs, such as: QtmhGetEnv, QtmhWrStout, etc... (anything starting with Qtmh) then you need to specify the service program QTMHCGI on the compile, or a binding directory that contains it as an entry. If your programs use any APIs that start with Qzhb then you need to use service program QZHBCGI when you compile. If you can, post your errors and we'll figure out what it going on, or email me privately. Brad

Comment

Working...
            X