ADMIN HTTP server instance is killed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ADMIN HTTP server instance is killed

I am attempting to get our HTTP server running on a V4R4 AS/400. I am able to start the ADMIN instance but when I access it from my browser (using port 2001) the server dies. The config page is displayed in the browser but there's no instance running on the AS/400. I havenot been able to find a joblog or message indicating that anything bad happened. Any ideas??

The job log should be under user id qtmhhttp in qezjoblog output queue. Brad

Comment

Yeah, that's what I thought, but it's not there. I did a WRKSPLF QTMHHTTP and there's nothing. Hey ... I started it up, changed logging to *SECLVL and got a job log! Onward!!!

Comment

Well ... that was helpful. Here's the message I got ... "The job is being terminated because the job is capable of having multiple threads and the application has issued an exit(), abort() or their equivalent APIs, or an exception has occurred and is not being handled."

Comment

At that point, you should have something in your log files. I can't remember exactly where they are, but I think there's a LOG folder under IBMWebAS. Start there with Explorer and look for one with today's date. If that doesn't help, I'll try to give you better info tomorrow. Joe

Comment

Yikes... Have you messed with the Admin config at all? Are there any other instance running? Sounds like you may need a PTF. I've never seen this error before. Brad

Comment

No, I haven't messed with the config. The ADMIN and DEFAULT instances are always running (well, at least until I start to use them!). I looked at the ADMIN config and it's empty ... just the 3 comment lines. The history behind this is ... I wanted to do some Net.Data macros. I managed to get everything working on another box that doesn't have any real tools on it. I got everything working (even did an SQL macro) and then decided I wanted to play on our production machine. I noticed that the ADMIN & DEFAULT instances are always running there and attempted to access the CONFIG options thru port 2001. That's where my troubles started ... BTW ... I restarted the ADMIN instance with a '-vv' option (to start logging) and now have that info to work with (but I can't see anything yet). My suspicion is that it's a PTF problem ...

Comment

If you're ultra-recent on PTFs, we found that V4R4 5769DG1 SF63180 (and/or possibly SF63097) cause the Admin server to die and the BCH-type ADMIN job to issue a stack dump. We haven't pinned it down further or contacted IBM yet, we just removed those two PTFs *IMMED and everything settled down.... Also, a number of DG1 PTFs will state this in their instructions: Users who use the IBM HTTP Server Configuration and Administration Web pages must perform the following steps if their Web browser has these Web pages cached: 1- Clear the Disk Cache and Memory Cache on your Web browser (ex. Netscape) OR clear the Temporary Internet files on your Web browser (ex. Microsoft Internet Explorer) 2- Exit your Web browser 3- Start your Web browser

Comment

Everything you need to know is in Brad Stone's book. You can get it from Amazon.com by clicking href="http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1583470085/o/qid=963494945/sr=8-1/r ef=aps_sr_b_1_3/104-4074242-2890357">here. src="//www.zappie.net/java/_derived/index.htm_cmp_zero110_vbtn_p.gif" width="140" height="60" border="0" alt="Java400.net - Java/400 Freeware" align="middle"> Java400.Net - where the AS/400 speaks Java with an RPG accent Home of PBD2.0, the color=red>FREE Java/400 Client/Server color=blue>Revitalization Toolkit

Comment

Working...
                  X