FTP Transfer to an Internet Address

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If your PING and FTP requests are going out from the PC to the destination (trhough the wall), then I would guess your problem is either: 1) No route setup on the 400. For example, if the destination IP address is 192.168.33.14, you need to tell the 400 to go to the firewall for that address. 2) Firewall not accepting 400 packets - check your firewall rules. Can you see packets from the 40 on the f/w logs?

Comment

Packets are going to the firewall when we route them there. However the firewall is rejecting them. How do we get the firewall to accept? We are using the microsoft proxy firewall software.

Comment

I haven't used the MS Proxy Firewall, so I'm not 100% sure. I know that there needs to be a rule to let specific packets through for a particular service. Obviously, if your PC can successfully get through the 'wall, then look at the rule in control and find out if the AS/400 is allowed as well. You may need to create a new rule for the AS/400 and whatever services you need to access.

Comment

Working...
        X