Setting Up Web Site/Domain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setting Up Web Site/Domain

I have a personal web site using a free hosting service (XOOM) and would like to reserve a domain name and still use the free site, but redirect people who key in the new domain. My current domain is members.xoom.com/ehill57. I would like to have people just key in something like www.erichill.com and have it redirect them to members.xoom.com/ehill57. Could someone help me in the steps involved here? I know I need to reserve the domain in question, but what do I need to do to get it to redirect? Thanks in advance... Eric Hill Muscle Shoals, AL hille@wlv.com

This is no problem, and there is one of many sites that can help you with this. I suggest checking out www.register.com first. I signed up a few domains when they offered a special for 19.99 a year. It's back up to $40 a year, but I'm sure it will go down by 2001. So when you renew, it will be less. they allow you do set these up, and if you ever get your own site you can do DNS maintenances, subdomain, etc.. all at this site. Very easy to use site and a lot of handy tools. Brad

Comment

Go to www.tonic.to and register... bobh www.bobh.to mail@bobh.to

Comment

Eric, I don't think you can do what you're asking. When you register a domain, I don't think it can point your domain name to one of the free web subdomains that are out there. I'm almost certain of this but if you find out otherwise, I'd like to know. Jim Quinlan Clearwater

Comment

Working...
        X