Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do I need in order to implement SSL?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do I need in order to implement SSL?

We have an intranet application that we want to secure using digital certificates and SSL. What do we have to have on the AS/400 and clients in order to do this? I believe we need 5769-CRx (Crypto support), 5769-ACx (Crypto Access Provider), and 5769-CEx (Client Encryption). Is there anything else we might need? If we do this, can we enable SSL for browser access only? Or do we have to use it for Telnet sessions, too? As you can see, I'm ignernt (that's 'ignorant', for you non-Southerners) in this area, so a brain core dump would be appreciated if you have done it before. Thanks, Steve

What do I need in order to implement SSL?

Steve, I would recommend a fairly recent redbook SG24-5954-00. I am currently waiting for two of the three products you mentioned. I have no idea if you will need CRx, as my project doesn't involve web browsers. I am implementing SSL for Client Access Express. From my research and talking to IBM, I only need ACx and CEx. When you add SSL support, you do not "have" to convert everyone over to it. The system will continue to support non-ssl as usual. Scott

Comment

Working...
    X