Hosting two sites on one AS400 server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hosting two sites on one AS400 server

I had this thread in the wrong category. At my company we are trying to host two web sites (two different domain names)which are residing on an NT box to the AS400. Does the IBM HTTP server provide for Virtual Hosts. I read that it is possible to host multiple sites on the Apache servers. But can it be done on the AS400? I have looked at the AS400 Information Center, but the site doesn't have instructions how this may be achieved. Any help will be much appreciated.

Eli, Yes, AS/400 can host more than one site. It can be accomplished by using multi-IP addresses on the single interface, by multi-IP addresses on multi-interface, by virtual hosts, or by port number. To use virtual hosts, a DNS server is required to point the multi-domain names to the same IP address and they must share the same instance and configuration. The down side to use virtual host is the browser on the client side must support HTTP 1.1 instead of HTTP 1.0. Otherwise, the first host will be served instead of the right host. Shawn Fu

Comment

You probably need to get in touch with www.netshare400.com. They do what you want. bobh

Comment

Working...
      X