Perl for a german AS/400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perl for a german AS/400

I have a problem getting a perl script to run on a german AS/400. Every time the interpreter reaches a { I get the error message "Unrecognized character Ö103 at /qsys.lib/nocsrc.lib/qperl.file/test2.pl.mbr line 2" I hope anybody here can help me. -------------------------------------------------- Stefan Immel |N|O|C Network Operation Center -+-+-+------- | Grove Auf der Stuecke 6 Tel. +49 2773-8167-0 35708 Haiger / Germany Fax +49 2773-8167-20 -------------------------------------------------- mailto:si@grove.de http://www.grove.de "There is always hope, only because it is the one thing nobody's figured out how to kill yet." ~ Galen, Crusade "Racing The Night" --------------------------------------------------

Perl for a german AS/400

The '{' character is not fixed for all CCSIDs. For CCSID 273, the '{' character is x'43', for CCSID 500 and 37, the value is x'C0'. My guess is that the job CCSID will make a difference. If the job CCSID is 65535, try changing your CCSID to 273. If that doesn't work try changing it to 500 or 37. Also, display the source file in HEX mode (DSPPFM, then F10) and tell us what hex value you see for the '{' character.

Comment

Perl for a german AS/400

37 worked fine, thanks a lot.

Comment

Working...
      X