Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AS/400 SMTP server has wrong time stamp!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AS/400 SMTP server has wrong time stamp!

All my outgoing mail via the AS/400 has the wrong time setting. It must not be getting it from the AS/400 main config. How do I set the SMTP time setting?

Individual jobs may contain different times from the system values. Check the SMTP server and client jobs in QSYSWRK to see what time they are using. You may use either the WRKSBSJOB QSYSWRK or WRKACTJOB commands. Dave

Comment

David, It does get it's time stamp from the AS/400, but adjustments are made for differences in time zones. You have to declare your time zone's offset from GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) expressed in plus or minus a number of hours. Otherwise, the AS/400 assumes the default value of zero (meaning: you are in Greenwich). If you are not in Greenwich, you have to enter the correct offset in the AS/400's system value QUTCOFFSET (Coordinated universal time offset). If you are not sure what is the correct offset value for your locale, here is a tip: Inside Windows, you can check for time zone and offset by double clicking the clock in your window's tray.

Comment

"If you are not sure what is the correct offset value for your locale, here is a tip: Inside Windows, you can check for time zone and offset by double clicking the clock in your window's tray." Ricardo, I hope the tech tips people see this, because this is one of the simplest yet most useful tips I've gotten in a long time. Thanks! Joe

Comment

Thanks Ricardo...you da man!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X