Password Challenges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Password Challenges

I have an AS/400 based internet application running. Remote users login with a supplied userid and password. These passwords are set to expire after 60 days. When a user attempts to login and their password is expired the server does not ask them to change it (like it does on a normal green screen). Is there a simple way to fix this? Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Password Challenges

Jim - Please review this response to a similar question - http://forums.midrangecomputing.com/...82567b8001d0b6 6/75fcf8635d61c82e8825698a005fc525?OpenDocument&Highlight=2,web,password If this link doesn't work, look for the 'Expiring Profiles' thread in Security dated around November 1, 2000. HTH, Steve

Comment

Password Challenges

Thanks for the info Steve. Somehow I just knew it wouldn't be as easy as changing a simple config option.

Comment

Password Challenges

I forwarded the previous response to my customer and now they are looking for some professional help in getting this implemented. Since I don't know squat about programming I need to find them some help. They have a reasonably talented programming staff but this appears to be a little over their heads and are looking to me to provide some better guidance.

Comment

Password Challenges

Jim, I've done this before, contact me at johnearl@400security.com and I'll see what I can do to help your customer. jte

Comment

Password Challenges

The following are copied from IBM HTTP Server Web Master Guide V4R5. It lists the error conditions, causes, and Default Messages (in page 43). 401 pwexpired Cause: The password for the user ID has expired. Default message: Access denied - password expired. Enter oldpw/newpw/newpw to change your password. Are you excited? Doesn't it sounds like there is a BUILT-IN functionality to handle the expired password problem? Well, this is not yet real. After talking to IBM support and Development, IBM confirmed that there WILL BE a built-in feature to handle this (just like TN5250). But IBM can not tell me a date or release when this will be available. The Apache HTTP Server on AS/400 is supposed to be available on 12/15, maybe this will be then. Jyh-Ching

Comment

Working...
            X