kvm switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kvm switch

Actually you need to decide if your PCs are going to be serial or lan consoles. If you decide to do serial consoles you will end up purchasing a pc for each partition. If you do lan consoles then you can configure multiple partitions on one single pc. I am not sure what the limit on partions is for a lan console. A note of caution with lan consoles: Be aware that your switch/hub that connects the consoles to the partion must be up in order to get a console display. I think you could use a crossover cable to bypass a switch/hub but just be aware that the console is dependant on a network connection and that could cause problems if your network is down. You can use a KVM switch for the monitor, mouse, and keyboard for either the lan or serial console solution. Scott

kvm switch

We installed TwinNet SNA Gateways on each partition's LWC port 0 adr 0 and used two PCs with dual monitor cards to control 9 consoles. The TwiNet gateway allow us to control the console remotely as well.

Comment

kvm switch

We are having AS/400 LPAR system in which we have 9 partitions.We are going to use PC loaded with IBM client Access instead of using the Dumb terminals. My query is "Since we are having 9 LPAR's,do we have to install 9 PC's,Can we use the KVM switch and if YES,how???"

Comment

Working...
      X