Neoware V5R3 and display errors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neoware V5R3 and display errors

You should probably contact your emulation software creators, or IBM. I wasn't able to find anything specific to your problem, but IBM says about MCH0601 in general: "One way to cause this is to open a file with a buffer that does not match what the program is expecting. The same is true of a program that attempts to read or write a record that is longer than the actual record in the program-described file. Most of the problems are user program problems." It's also discussed in this KnowledgeBase document: http://www-912.ibm.com/s_dir/slkbase...c?OpenDocument I've also seen it suggested that, if your system is using English, you should check that the QCHRID system value has Character ID = 697 and Code page = 37.

hi, thanks for the info. WE did contact WYSE and they had us update the firmware/os. That didn't help. Our QCHRID settings are what you describe, so that's not it either. I am attaching the dump spool file in a separate messsage. Thanks! Brad

Comment

here are the dumps from the error we are getting. Thanks!!

QPPGMDMP470202.txt

Comment

hi, we just upgrarded our iSeries to V5R3 and we are having issues with some screens now that are displayed on NEOWARE and WYSE thin clients. it also fails on 3rd party emulation products like Reflections, and MochaSoft. The screen works fine on Client access. But on any emulation product it will fail with the following error when displayed on one of these clients. This happens only when the error message format is being written. MCH0601 - Space offset X'00003000' or X'0000000000000000' is outside current limit for object WOCRTTFM WSUPD *N *DMODP. This is killing us! any help is appreciated! BCA

Comment

Doesn't look like an IBM problem. None of the program libraries named in the dump are part of OS/400.

Comment

Working...
          X