Deletion of spool file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deletion of spool file

This is quite an old post but I see no replies. Try DLTSPLF - prompt and you will be able to selectively delete.

Deletion of spool file

If you want to automatically delete your spooled files based on a wide range of values and are willing to consider a commercial product. Take a look at SpoolFlex (Auto Deleting spooled files is only a small part of the features) in SpoolFlex from DRV Technologies. We offer a 15 day no obligation free trial. John Allen www.drvtech.com

Comment

Deletion of spool file

I have been using this set of programs for several years. Once you determine the criteria that controls the deletion of spool files-set this set of programs on the WRKJOBSCDE and you will not have to think about it again. I break printed reports (from IBM displays) into a data base file that I can use for a lot of different purposes...
      Code

Comment

Deletion of spool file

we use 3 CL's daily, weekly, monthly that we specify the spool files that we want to delete. Using DLTSPLF... we either ... delete everything from specific outq or specific formtype(reports that our business application creates that we NEVER want to print... we put out as a formtype of CANCEL) or we use USERDATA to specify any spoolfiles created with this USERDATA... below are a few examples
        Code

Comment

Deletion of spool file

The DLTSPLF command works quite well. We also use a freeware application called DLTOLDSPLF. I think we actually read about it here?? The website is http://www.hkrebs.dk/dltoldsplf.html. We have used this for several years and haven't had any problems with it. Good Luck.

Comment

Deletion of spool file

HI All I want to delete the spool files by there name or by there creation date at one shot kindly guide me how to do it as in our package many spool files are generated when we run the batch job and then we have to manually delete all the spool file. plz guide me how i can clear all these file from the system. Thanks in advance Kapil

Comment

Deletion of spool file

Here's a little trick I use to remove the printout of a recently executed SQL.
              Code

Comment

Reeletion of spool file

be very careful with the delete based on date or any other criteria. you may want to set up a table that contains spool file names that you dont want to autmagically delete, simply because they may exist for previous quarter/semi-annual/annual reports that are easier kept on the machine than recreated each time. of course, there is a method on this site to convert those to and from .pdf files which can be stored in read-only directories for auditing purposes. -sarge

Comment

Working...
                X