Anynet between multiple AS/400s and PCs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anynet between multiple AS/400s and PCs

We have a number of AS/400s that are connected by a wide area TCP/IP only network. We have Anynet configured between the AS/400s to run SNA over IP and it works for things like SNADS and workstation passthrough. We also have a remote location with 5394 and some PCs that is connected to one of the AS/400s using standard SNA technology. A PC user with CA/400 at the remote location can connect to the nearest AS/400 and do file transfers etc but is not able to connect through the nearest AS/400 to do file transfers to or from the other AS/400s. All of this worked over our previous SNA network. The problem appears to be related to the Anynet controllers being LEN nodes. Does anyone know whether it is possible to route across multiple systems using Anynet? If so how?

Anynet between multiple AS/400s and PCs

Sorry I dont have an answer for you, but am interested in your multi 400 configuration. We just set up a frame relay WAN configured for IP. One 400 on each side (LA and New York). I cannot not seem to configure an APPC controller to allow WS Passthru and SNADS. I tried CRTCTLAPPC CTLD(HAINTCP) LINKTYPE(*ANYNW) RMTNETID(APPN) RMTCPNAME(HAIN)but cannot get the connection. I did this on both sides RMTCPNAME(HVFOODS. My dial up controllers work fine (but slow). Any suggestions will be appreciated. Michael Calderon Health Valley Company EMCALD@AOL.COM

Comment

Working...
    X