Point to Point Connection no longer Connecting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Point to Point Connection no longer Connecting

Ron, I ran into a similar problem with a dialup ISP connection. When you connect you are establishing an IP connection and frequently the address of your AS/400 will be dynamically assigned. From your error messages, it appears that the dynamic assignment of one end of your connection is failing. Because this is the first thing that needs to happen (before authentication), I believe that you can put your focus on the most basic IP-level connection parameters. The change since it last worked could be on your own machine.

Andy, Is this IP address defined in the PPP config in OpsNav. If my AS/400 IP address changed, wouldn't I be having a problem connecting my PCs to the 400 via client access? Ron

Comment

Is it possible that the IP address that had been assigned for the PPP connection is now bieng used by one of your PCs. A communication trace may give you more information also.

Comment

Ron, Not necessarily, the connection between you and your ISP is point-to-point and the IP addresses used do not have to communicate with your network. The parameters are contained in your connection profile(s) for PPP and the only way to manipulate them is with Ops Nav. Its possible that your connection is set to dynamically allocate both IP addresses.

Comment

I'm still fetting the same message. I checked my TCP/IP config in mt point to point profile. My local IP address is dynamically assigned. The address of my remote is 207.217.126.81. No PC on my system would have that address. My trace only shows: 26 R 8 00000000 23:23:44.89181 PPP FF UI 802 IPCP . . . . . : Code: 01 (Configure Request) ID: 03 Leng Data . . . . . : FF03802101030004 27 S 6 00000000 23:23:45.05427 PPP 802 IPCP . . . . . : Code: 02 (Configure Ack) ID: 03 Leng Data . . . . . : 802102030004 28 S 8 00000000 23:23:45.07223 PPP FF UI C02 LCP . . . . . : Code: 05 (Terminate Request) ID: 55 Leng Data . . . . . : FF03C02105550004 UNICATIONS TRACE Title: PPP 06/19/01 23:2 rd Data Record Record DLC Frame Address Control er S/R Length Status Timer Format Field Field Pro -- --- ------ ---------- --------------- --------- ------- ------- --- 29 R 8 00000000 23:23:45.19872 PPP FF UI C02 LCP . . . . . : Code: 06 (Terminate Ack) ID: 55 Leng Data . . . . . : FF03C02106550004 Any ideas what I cold try next? Thanks again. Ron

Comment

I have not used my PPP connection to the internet from my As/400 for several months. Now I am unable to connect. The error log I get when I do WRKJOB is listed below. My ISP (earthlink) says their IP address has not changed. I even tried changing authentication from PAPS to CHAPS but I got the same results. Any idea what the problem could be? This was working several months ago. Thanks in advance for any help. Ron <== CONNECT 31200 === Establishing point-to-point connection for profile LOCALISP. === NOTE: REJECTED LCP OPTION 00 (lcp_rcvreqci) === NOTE: REJECTED LCP OPTION 11 (lcp_rcvreqci) === NOTE: REJECTED LCP OPTION 13 (lcp_rcvreqci) === ERROR: REMOTE PEER IP ADDRESS NOT NEGOTIATED. === ERROR: IPCP IS CLOSED. RC 21003 === NOTE: LCP_ADMIN_CLOSE: REASON 1 UNABLE TO NEGOTIATE TCP/IP CONFIGURATION.

Comment

I have a PPP connection setup and the line becomes active. My problem is that I am have problems in writing a scrpit to us this line. Can anyone offer a suggestion? Thanks

Comment

Working...
              X