NetServer not starting automatically

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NetServer not starting automatically

Richard, The command STRTCPSVR SERVER(*NETSVR) should do the trick.

Dave, Simplicity itself - thanks.

Comment

Have you made sure Netserver is set to start automatically? Follow these steps: Start Operations Navigator; open the "Q" system name ; Open Network; there will be an entry below this: Protocols highlight it and in the right side window, right click on TCP/IP and select properties. Select the tab: servers to start This is where the start-up options are for each of the servers, including Netserver. I think there is a green screen place for this too, but this lists them all in one place. Trevor

Comment

I've recently gotten together with our network guys to look at using NetServer to map network drives to the AS400. We experienced no problems setting it up, starting it, or defining shares. Having started NetServer from Ops Navigator I can map/see exactly what I expect. And now my problem - each night our backup terminates, amongst others, the QSERVER subsystem. Softcopy tells me repeatedly that NetServer, in the form of job QZLSSERVER, will start automatically when the subsystem is restarted, however this is not the case. Each morning I have to start Neterver manually using Ops Nav. I have tried to create a PreStart Job but this falls over saying a duplicate event is already defined. Is anyone experiencing the same problem? Can I start NetServer from an AS400 session? Any guidance will be greatly appreciated.

Comment

I have been a place that has received similar problems. We are currently in the research mode. The problem that we are having is that NetServer does not automatically start after IPL. We are ensuring that QSERVER is started and TCP is started with necessary delay(s) in the Startup Program. When we utilize OpsNav and Check the box to "Start when TCP starts" this setting does not stay. When we close the OpsNav screen, and then get back into OpsNav, the check mark is gone again. We do not have a problem starting NetServer manually, but when we have to do this in the middle of the night due to an operator calling, then it is a real pain. What we have found while reading extensive documentation is that there are many PTF requirements for NetServer specifically along with Client Access Service Pack Requirements for OpsNav to work correctly with NetServer. We will be loading the PTFs and Service Packs at an attempt to fix our situation. We know that there is a program available QZLSSTRS with parameters that will start NetServer, but we wish not to utilize this to keep the system current. We are on V4R4 and Client Access Express. Any thouhts?? Some of the documentation reviewed is at: http://www-1.ibm.com/servers/eserver/iseries/netserver/

Comment

Working...
          X