Send Save files via E-mail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Send Save files via E-mail

Ron, try pre-creating an empty save file on the AS/400 using the CRTSAVF command. You can do this in the ftp session using the quote command. Dave...

Ron, In addition to using an established save file as a target, make sure that both of your FTP transfers are in binary mode. Andy

Comment

Dave Are you saying that to restore the save file, the save file needs to be created in the FTP session? If so, would the script say QUOTE CRTSAVF LIBNAM/FILNAM Would this be inserted before the PUT command? I downloaded & uploaded the file in BIN mode. Ron

Comment

We distribute software via e-mail attachment. Our Web site includes installation instructions. It may help you to look at our step by step installation guide:
        Nathan M. Andelin

Comment

Ron, the save file needs to exist before you do the PUT, but it doesn't need to be created in the FTP session necessarily. It's just an option to make things a bit simpler. Dave...

Comment

Hello Can someone suggest how to send a save file on the 400 via Email and restore it. I saved a program in a save file. I then FTP'd it to the PC. I e-mailed as an attachment. When we received the file, I FTP'd it up to the 400. When I tried to restore the save file, the message said it was not a save file. Can anyone tell me if I missed a step or is there a better way? Thanks in advance. Ron

Comment

It's working now. Thanks very much all of you. Ron

Comment

Working...
              X