Printer sharing between 2 AS400's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Printer sharing between 2 AS400's

How did you create the device? I've used: CRTDEVPRT P3A2AP1 DEVCLS(*LAN) TYPE(3812) MODEL(1) LANATTACH(*IP) RMTLOCNAME(10.158.142.01) ... I've never added the IP address to the host table Trevor

are the two as400 connected (LAN), so you may create a remoteOutq that will send all Splf from one as400 into the other one (which is printing well).

Comment

Another way is use the printer session capability of IBM Client Access/Express, or other 5250 emulation package. This will allow multiple AS/400 to printer connections. Regards Andy

Comment

Trevor, You do not have to add the IP address to the host table. But it is very useful to refer to your LAN-attached printers by name rather than by IP address. I use the assigned names very often when troubleshooting communication problems with LAN-attached printers installed all over the country.

Comment

I am trying to use one printer with 2 AS400's. The printer is a HP, and we're using TCPIP. The printer works fine with the 400 we've had for a while, but I can't get it to go with our new one. The out's are identical on both, and the IP address is in the host table on both. When I try to print from the new 400, the spool file stay in SEND status. I've issued a ENDWTR command from the old 400 also. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks. Kevin Lutes

Comment

Kevin, If you always get a "SEND" status, it means that the AS/400 is not receiving a delivery-confirmation message from the printer. This could be a LAN communication problem. In this case you will have to provide more details about your configuration for us to help. However, I suspect that your new AS/400 is simply not listening for the confirmation message. Enter this command: STRMSF and see what happens.

Comment

Working...
            X