NetServer error 'device not connected'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NetServer error 'device not connected'

Did you right mouse click on the Folder and define a share? and permissions?

I'm trying to setup and access a folder on the As/400 for the first time from PCs on a network. I've followed the instructions for setting up NetServer, and can see the system under Network Neighborhood. I can even access information in some of the folders--like qdirsrv--but when I try to access or map a network drive to my new folder I get an error message that the folder is not accessible because the device is not connected. I created this folder and setup the file share for it under Operations Navigator. This is a new As/400 running V5.1 and the PC's are running Windows ME, if that makes a difference. Any suggestions?

Comment

I did define a file share under operations navigator. I think I defined permissions too, but I may be confused about that. At some point it asked for a password, but again said that the device was not connected. It appeared to be trying to use the PC's user name (greyed out), which was longer than the allowable AS/400 user profile name. I followed the instructions to setup a NetServer guest profile, and even tried setting up a user profile for the PC name with as many characters as it would accept. I think I gave all permissions to *PUBLIC, but I did it on the greenscreen using the CHGAUT command. I'm a little fuzzy on the difference between As/400 folders and IFS folders so I'm not sure what I granted authority to.

Comment

Working...
      X