QMSF stopped processing MSF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QMSF stopped processing MSF

This message should not stop E-Mail processing. If one message is bad, your capabilities should still continue. In other words, the message is informational, relating only to the bad E-Mail, and not to SMTP overall. Question: If you have SMTP set up, why bother with NT? Dave

You are right...SMTP does not stop functioning completely. What I want to know is how do I figure out what is going wrong with the bad ones? The problem is so sporadic. One day all works well. The next day, some work, some don't. What I am trying to find out is why? The reason we send it to our NT server...? When I configured the SMTP server, we set the mail router to be out NT Exchange server. Is there away around this? It seemed like the only way to get our email working. Thanks for your help.

Comment

Has anyone had experience with this kind of message before? We get it when we attempt to email a file from our AS/400. Usually, our email works, but whenever it doesn't, this is the message that we get. Does anyone have experience with this. The message talks about an exit program: "Exit program QTMSFWD in library QTCP for exit point QIBM_QZMFMSF_MSG_FWD." Does anyone have experience with correcting this error? We have configured our AS/400 to use the SMTP server to forward mail to our NT Email server, which processes the email. Thanks for your help! Kevin

Comment

Hello Kevin, The AS/400 SMTP server is a less-than-stellar product. I have been able to make the mail server eat messages never to be seen again. The only way to trace messages is to use the obscure flight recorders in the SMTP server. There should be a knowledgebase on this at the IBM support site. Here's a couple alternative options: 1.) Replace the AS/400 SMTP server with Domino or a product called: Stalker. Stalker is a drop-in SMTP/POP3 replacement on the AS/400. 2.) Eliminate the AS/400 mail server completely by using an email API such as our SMTP/400 product. You can send all mails directly to your Exchange server via SMTP and eliminate the AS/400 mail server guesswork. :-) For more information and to download a demo, please contact me directly or check out our our web site. Regards, Richard Schoen RJS Software Systems Inc. "The AS/400 Report and Data Delivery Experts" Email: richard@rjssoft.com Web Site: http://www.rjssoft.com

Comment

Working...
        X