AS/400 DNS & DHCP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AS/400 DNS & DHCP

The error message seems to point to authority issue. Can you logon OprNav with QSECOFR authority? If not, ask QSECOFR grant you authority to those files and DNS directory. E.g. CHGAUT OBJ('/QIBM/USERDATA/OS400/DNS/BOOT') USER(YourUserID) DTAAUT(*RWX) OBJAUT(*ALL) Shawn Fu

AS/400 DNS & DHCP

QSYS, QTCP and my profile already have (had) *RWX and *ALL authority to the BOOT file as well as all other directories and files in the '/QIBM/USERDATA/OS400' directory. When I try to start DNS, the joblog ends up under the QTCP user profile, which is also listed as the owner of the file. Any other insights ?

Comment

AS/400 DNS & DHCP

I have been trying for several weeks to get DNS & DHCP running on the 400. We have a 720 (upgraded from a 620) running V4R5. I followed the steps in the RedBook 'AS/400 TCP/IP Autoconfiguration: DNS and SCHP Support' to create the necessary files, etc. When I start DNS, I get the following error in the joblog: DNS00E8 Diagnostic Message . . . . : Could not open boot configuration file /QIBM/USERDATA/OS400/DNS/BOOT. Cause . . . . . : While attempting to open the file /QIBM/USERDATA/OS400/DNS/BOOT, the following error occurred: Permission denied. I have tried all of the suggested remedies to no avail. What else could be the problem ?

Comment

AS/400 DNS & DHCP

I did a little more research and found that QTCP had no authority to '/QIBM/USERDATA/OS400'. I added *RWX and *ALL authority there and DNS started up. I'll see if it works now.

Comment

Working...
        X