Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Remote Access to AS400 via DialUp - Paragon ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remote Access to AS400 via DialUp - Paragon ?

Try www.psi3164.com ; they have what you need. I've used it for years. bobh

The "Paragon" box did not permit file transfers, so that did not turn out to be so good. The easiest method is to set up a locally attached PC with emulation, and either the "PC anywhere" or "Carbon Copy" packages. Then install "PC Anywhere" or "Carbon Copy" on the remote PC. You just dial in to the local PC, not the AS/400, and you have AS/400 connectivity. You can also attach a regular modem to the comm port by using the CRTLINASC command. This line can now be used as a PPP line. Dave

Comment

I need a quick & easy method of connecting like 2 remote users to our AS400 for a disaster recovery scenario. You know. If we had a disaster & the 2 people at our remote site needed to gain access to our disaster recovery box for a couple of weeks while the place is rebuilt. I used to have a box made by I believe it was Paragon Data Systems. You just hooked up a couple of PC external modems to it & plugged it into your twinax connection & then all you had to do was use the DOS software on your remote PC to call the modem & viola ! You got a signon screen. Any thought's be appreciated. thanks., Martin

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion/help.

Comment

Working...
        X