Crystal Reports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crystal Reports

You can obtain SQL from an existing CR query. You may also combine your PC app w/data from the 400 using CR. Dave

Crystal Reports

Thanks David! Do you happen to know what the extension is for CR objects? Thanks, Joe

Comment

Crystal Reports

I'll have to check. I think it's .CR or .CPT but I'm not sure. Dave

Comment

Crystal Reports

I know less than Joe about Crystal Reports. I have a different question. One of our programmers generated a report on a PC using JAVA he says is in a Crystal Report format. He emailed it to me and wants to know if I can print it on one of the network printers connected to one of our /400s. It has me baffled. How do I get it to an OUTQ from my hard drive where I saved it? Thanks for any replies. Jack

Comment

Crystal Reports

I'm surprised the report was distributed in this manner. CR has its own compiler which generates an executable. All you should have to do is distribute the executable rather than just the report. Dave

Comment

Crystal Reports

Dave, Thanks for your reply. It triggered more questions to the programmer for clarification. Ok, he used CR to generate the executable. The executable was run against data retrieved via access from a /400. This "package" is to be deployed to our oversea installations. Some of these have no network printers, maybe a PC attached printer, but they do have /400 twinax connected. The objective is to get the CR output file to a /400 OUTQ for printing via twinax. Hopefully that printer is *IPDS since the report contains graphs. I guess the complex method is to move the report, or write it, to an IFS file, use a stream command to bring it into a PF, then convert the PF to a spool file. Any ideas? Thanks. Jack

Comment

Crystal Reports

My ideas in your case is to print the report from one of the PC attached printers. Anything else will cause you to lose data, formatting and graphics. A typical CR report will use a variety of fonts, bitmaps, and colors, that simply do not translate very well to AS/400 printing. Not even *IPDS. Trying to fit this round peg into a square hole will cause more bother than it is worth. my 2.5 cents. Dave

Comment

Crystal Reports

driver to your PC like windows can) If your printer IPDS, IBM supplies IPDS drivers in Client Access package.

Comment

Crystal Reports

Hi All, I have a very simple thing that is driving me crazy. I display a screen and the user enters a group number. If it is invalid, the screen displays, but I lose the group number on the display when it redisplays. EXFMT Screen Exsr ErrorCheck EXFMT Screen (with error msg or msg that no errors were found) but the group number is blank I have the group number set up as an input output alpha field Thanks, Mike

Comment

Crystal Reports

Yes, depending upon the release. With versions 8.5 and later (current version is 11), you can view and copy the generated SQL. Dave

Comment

Crystal Reports

I think that you may want to start a new thread with this problem, and also post a greater amount of your DDS and RPG code. Dave

Comment

Crystal Reports

First let me say that I know zip, zero, zilch about Crystal Reports. My question is this - If you have a Crystal Reports query that runs from within a canned pc based system, can the source (specifically the SQL selects and joins) be retrieved from the query itself? To further explain: One of our departments has a tracking system that is pc based. The data from this tracking system needs to interface to an inhouse developed system. There is a report (supposedly a Crystal Reports query) that contains all of the data that our AS400 system needs. My assignment is to create an interface between the two. It would tremendously speed up the project if I could "reverese engineer" the joins and selects from the query. Is this possible? Thanks, Joe

Comment

Working...
                        X