Background screen erases when a another record format is displayed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Background screen erases when a another record format is displayed

It sounds as if you are headed in the right direction. Could you post some code? Dave

John, you need a dummy record format with the ASSUME keyword. The ASSUME keyword is used to fool the workstation controller into thinking that the record format containing the ASSUME keyword is already being displayed on the screen, thus causing the workstation controller to not clear the screen. HTH

Comment

You are forgetting the Keep keyword. Also, make sure you are not using different size keywords (DSPSIZ(24 80 *DS3)). I was experimenting with DS3 & DS4 and you can have different display sizes in the DDS, but you cannot call a DS3 when a DS4 is up and vice versa, without the entire screen being overlayed. IBM hasn't found a way to allow both display sizes to cohabitate.

Comment

is the above still true? I have one screen which displays in the calling pgms display size, but I have another which is defined with the same keywords, etc. that I can not get to be based on the calling pgms display size, instead it always open in the primary size. Any tips? Thanks, Ianette

Comment

What is the start line number (SLNO keyword) of the smaller screen? Is CLRL(*ALL) specified? Dave

Comment

I have a situation (On a Display file) that a smaller record format(does not occupy the entire screen size) will be displayed to ask the user if the value they entered is acceptable, but when I display this format it erases the entire screen that is in the background. I want the background screen to stay in the background and then this other record format to overlay it. I know for sure that I need the OVERLAY, keyword in the DDS of the (smaller Record format) that I am displaying. But what else?? I also know that I must compile the Display file with RSTDSP (*YES). Bottom line: I do not want the background screen to erase when the small format window is displayed. Note: Then background record format is a subfile it that make any difference. Both record formats are part of the same DDS. Any help is appreciated Thanks John

Comment

Working...
            X