TELNET SERVER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TELNET SERVER

Shannon - I think you need this PTF http://www-1.ibm.com/servlet/support...256777006F9727 HTH, Steve

TELNET SERVER

Thanks Steve, but that PTF is for V4R1M0. I should have mentioned that I need this for V4R5 and above.

Comment

TELNET SERVER

Thanks Steve, but that PTF is for V4R1M0. I should have mentioned that I need this for V4R5 and above.

Comment

TELNET SERVER

I've never done this, but I always thought it was possible to use port 23 for intranet users, and either port 448 or 992 for SSL Telnet to be used by the outside world. This allows you to block port 23 with your firewall and still have it both ways. I should be more than interested to know how to set this up. If I ever find out I'll let you know, and I hope you will do the same. Dave

Comment

TELNET SERVER

I think the problem is that you cannot cause Telnet to listen on more than one port at a time. Or else you can and I just haven't figured out yet how to do it! Which is likely...

Comment

TELNET SERVER

Does anyone know how, or if it's even possible, to have the AS/400 telnet server running (listening) on more than one port? I've tried adding an additional entry to the Service Table for another port, but it doesn't listen on that port when Telnet starts. What I want to do is to have a given set of users be able to pass through (telnet through) to another system, and if they are coming in on a given port (that I'll set up) then I want to push them right into a specific program (using an exit program). I've written a telnet exit program and I can get the remote port, but what I can't do is cause Telnet to listen on more than a single port. I'm not even sure if it's possible, but I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas.

Comment

TELNET SERVER

I have coded a small tool, that allows you to contact to the any tcpip server over a different port. the tool will forward all trafic to the original port 23.

Comment

Working...
              X