approaches to e-mailing spool files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• approaches to e-mailing spool files

Wynn, If you want I could send the SNDEMAIL utility via email. FWIW, we use it every day and have yet to see it fail. Once you have SMTP and MSF setup based on the original article, its a no-brainer. Terry (P.S. I had trouble getting into their site also)

What are your views? I am looking @ the products: Gumbo, RJS, PDFing, bvstools, ... can't get to SNDEMAIL on as400network.com.
    Why can't you get to SNDEMAIL on the AS400 Network? ... Chuck

Comment

We run V4R5 on an 820 and I use Operations Navigator for emailing AS400 files. Go into Operations Navigator..Basic Operations..Printer Output. Choose Options/Include to select the file location. All that is required is to drag and drop the file to your desktop. It is automatically coverted to a text file. Just attach it to your email.

Comment

Wynn, Do a search of the site - there has been a number of detailed descriptions of the options. Bill

Comment

BCD-Catapult, and Symtrex-Compleo, seem to be the two best but my evaluation project was cut short. RJS, Gumbo, and Formation are the other players. I would be interested on who is the strongest regarding: 1) Distribution automation 2)Archival & retrieval If anyone is familiar with all the tools some insight would be cool.

Comment

We use the RJS products to email our spool files in PDF format and are quite pleased with it. The product runs on a PC and monitors output queues on the AS400. We use Lotus Notes for our email and we haven't had a problem since we installed it. One thing nice about RJS is that they now have a native AS400 product that does the emailing. I would definitely pick that over the PC based product just so I don't have to mess with a PC and making sure it is running. I don't know if the other vendors have native AS400 versions or not. If you have more questions, let me know. Dean Eshleman, MMA, Inc.

Comment

Is there a way to E-MAil from AS400 using SMTP without adding users to Distribution Directory. We have hundredns of users and 15 machines.

Comment

We wish to do a seemingly simple task: e-mail AS/400 spool files (in any format, however PDF or RTF would be nice). Rather than reinvent the wheel, of which I currently am incapable of anyway, I was searching for already existing code to do this. It appears that there are two broad approaches---let the AS/400 do all the work, that is, use it's SMTP functionality; the other is to have a piece of software on a PC that intercepts AS/400 output via a IP addressable outq. I prefer the "one box" method, but regardless, I'd like the optimum solution. What are your views? I am looking @ the products: Gumbo, RJS, PDFing, bvstools, ... can't get to SNDEMAIL on as400network.com. It's tough to decide what the pros and cons are of each. We operation in a TCP/IP evnironment, however we use Exchange Server for our e-mail, so the AS/400 is not configured for e-mail. Thanks in advance, Wynn Osborne, Sr. P/A, Flair Corp

Comment

Adding the HTML - BODY - PRE tags to the top of your spool file output, and /PRE - /BODY - /HTML tags to the bottom will allow you send your spool file as a web page. Use the CPYSPLF command to create a PF, and then the CPYTOPCD command to get the reulting file into a QDLS folder. You can then use the SNDDST *DOC command to E-Mail the document as a web page. It is helpful if you append .HTM to the document when creating it. Dave

Comment

Working...
                  X