Configure HP to print IPDS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Configure HP to print IPDS

You can not "configure" a printer to be an IPDS printer, unless the printer has IPDS capabilities. In some cases, this usually means adding special IPDS memory SIMMS to the printer. You may want to contact HP to see if these SIMMS are available for your particular model. Dave

While I haven't tried to define a local PC attached printer to use host print transform, this link has some suggestions on avoiding the IPDS SIMMs. overlays Trevor

Comment

Vadim,
      Which version of CA? Just tell CA that you are using an HP4 as the manufacturers type.
      The print file must also specify a device type as (*AFPDS). This can be as a result of creating, changing or overriding the file. No SIMM's are needed, it handles it great.
      Bill
      I have a HP LaserJet4 as my local printer. I'd like to know how to configure print session with Client Access to be able to print barcode? Now it use device type 3812 - which is SCS only.

Comment

I already found a way. I changed print file to *AFPDS and it prints thru my print session. My mistake was to make file the *IPDS type. Thank you all for your responces. Vadim

Comment

I have a HP LaserJet4 as my local printer. I'd like to know how to configure print session with Client Access to be able to print barcode? Now it use device type 3812 - which is SCS only. Vadim.

Comment

for avoid the ipds simms problem occurs contacts to the hp support technician they provide technical support to avoid these problems are located remotely .

Comment

Working...
            X