Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does web-facing run as Interactive or Batch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does web-facing run as Interactive or Batch?

Those using Webfacing as an interface to an AS/400 session, will start the job in QINTER. In other words, Yes, and interactive session is required. Dave

I know that there are some 3rd party software companies advertising their products that allow existing programs to be web faced, but work as a batch job, this would take the load off of the interactive card in the system. Do you know how this would work that would be different than IBM's web-facing? I was under the impression that with IBM's web-facing, since the user interface is with jsp to browser and browser to JSP and data access was with Java Beans that you wouldn't have the interactive load that you would normally have using a workstation? Don

Comment

You may want to search for Products by LANSA, and Seagull Software, and another product called JACADA. The easiest alternative IMO, is to upgrade you hardware to use the "Interactive Feature". This may end up costing far less than purchasing the software, and starting a new development effort. Dave

Comment

Don,
        I believe that Joe Pluta and his company Pluta Brothers is selling this technology. He used to be a participant in these forums until the demis of MC. His website is plutabrothers.com .
        Bill
        I know that there are some 3rd party software companies advertising their products that allow existing programs to be web faced, but work as a batch job, this would take the load off of the interactive card in the system. Do you know how this would work that would be different than IBM's web-facing? I was under the impression that with IBM's web-facing, since the user interface is with jsp to browser and browser to JSP and data access was with Java Beans that you wouldn't have the interactive load that you would normally have using a workstation?

Comment

We have a new I-Series w/V5R1 and am planning on web-facing certain applications. I have been told that the applications that are web-faced will still use the interactive card and run as an interactive job. Is this correct? If this is true, what is needed to enable the web-faced applications to run as a true web-enabled batch job? Thanks Don

Comment

Your jobs will execute in QINTER. We make a product that translates RPG to Java that works in conjunction with the Webfacing tool, but I think that kind of project may be overkill if all you want to achieve is batch performance. Chris

Comment

Working...
            X