Code/400 and Library Lists

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Code/400 and Library Lists

Glen, If you are using the macro and getting the message then your macro is being executed. My guess is that there is some kind of error with the chglibl command inside the macro. After executing the macro, look in the job log of your communications job on the 400 and see if there are any error messages there. I use the macros and it works fine for me. You can also make it work by going to the command shell in Code/400 and typing the chglibl command there. If I remember correctly that is what I used to debug my macro commands. Scott Mildenberger

I am really starting to feel like an idiot. What job do I check? I went back to my macro and changed it to actually do a chglibl. Before it was calling a program. the reason I was getting the message was that I had a "say" in it that executed before the call.

Comment

It will be a job QZRCSRVS, you can find it by doing a WRKOBJLCK yourusrprf *USRPRF. They may be several so you will have to look at each job log to find the right one. Scott Mildenberger

Comment

I know I've asked this question before and I have tried the suggestions but I don't seem to be able to make it work the way I want to. Here is the situation: Programmers work on multiple project against multiple applications. Each application has a specific set of libraries. At any given time they will switch from one project to the next. They need to compile a program with the library list for the application. I was told at one point that I needed to set up a macro for each set of libraries I wanted to use. Activating the Extras. At that point I should be able to simply click on the library list I want to use. When I do this I get a message in Code/400 that says "A/R library list set". When I try to compile the program will not compile because it is using my AS/400 default library list. The only way I've been able to compile successfully is to use "STRCODE" and reset the library list manually (or through a program executed at the emulation session STRCODE is running on). I was under the impression we didn't have to use STRCODE to compile. I have a problem with having to have a session dedicated to Code/400. If this is the case then why use Code/400, I can have them program through their session at a less impact to the system than a session that is constantly running a program. So my question is: How do I utilize Code/400 and be able to change library lists and get compiles to use those lists without having STRCODE constantly running on a Session for the programmer. Second question: The only way I've been able to get CL prompting to work is by having STRCODE running for the programmer. Is this the only way to have CL prompting work? Thanks in advance

Comment

Scott, I checked the job and no messages. It also didn't change the library list. I am wondering if I have to use something other than the code I'm using in the macro. I have included the code here. Do you have any suggestion or changes to the macro I should do? /* This macro sets the library list for GL */ codesrv exec OS400S "call bbigpl/gllibl" say "G/L library list set" Thanks for your help

Comment

Here is the command I use, I do that command here instead of calling a program on the 400 to do it. Maybe that difference is causing it to not work for you although I would think it should work the same. codesrv exec OS400S "chglibl libl(starrobj starr starrsrc tstdata73)" I see that you are also using OS400S, make sure that the server in your macro is really the server name you have setup in Code/400 that you are trying to change the libl for. Scott Mildenberger

Comment

Working...
            X