IP Address translation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IP Address translation

We have a problem with the connection between our AS/400 and PCs when trying to open a source member from the AS/400, or starting the code server (STRCODE). It is possible to open a source member from the CODE/400 client on the PC. This problem occurs after a redesign of our network. The communication between the PC and AS/400 is handled like this: - The PC receives an IP address dynamically from a DNS. - When passing through the firewall to our local network, the IP address is translated to an other IP address. - When entering the network where the AS/400s are located there is a new firewall and a new address translation. - Finally, when entering the AS/400, all users have the same (fixed) IP address. The difference between each user is the port number. The problem is that the IP address that is communicated to the AS/400 is the address of the PC and not the translated address, so when I try to initiate a connection (open a source member) from the AS/400 I get the message EVF4000 (A TCP/IP communications error occurred.) Is there anybody else that has had the same problem, or has a solution for this? My PC is Win98 with WDT V5R1M0 OS/400 is V4R5. Thanks, Hans

IP Address translation

One of the first thing that I can think of is to check if the firewalls allows the connection of the port being assigned.

Comment

IP Address translation

I have been told that the ports are open in the firewalls. haklui@ca.ibm.com wrote: > One of the first thing that I can think of is to check if the firewalls allows the connection of the port being assigned.

Comment

IP Address translation

Hans: I need to understand this more for the investigation. Could you please describe the exact steps that you were actually doing? Were you using STRCODE or auto open from the PC? If STRCODE, what are the STRCODE command settings when you issuec the command? If the connection is going through the firewall, how can the local PC address behind the firewall , e.g. 192.168.0.xxx be know to the AS/400? I think you may also want to check if the TCP/IP setting is "obtain IP address from DHCP".

Comment

Working...
        X