WDT/400 V5R1M0 and Windows 2000.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WDT/400 V5R1M0 and Windows 2000.

Hi, I'm having trouble installing the new version of WDT on my workstation. Installation of VisualAge 3.5.3 from CD5 worked fine, but when I try to install the rest of the product I get the following message: IBM WebSphere Development Tools for Iseries can only be installed by a System Administrator... I get this message even when I'm logged on as Administrator (both locally and on the domain). I'm running Windows 2000 SP2 (Danish) and WDT V4R5M0 SP1. I also have the EAP version of Webfacing installed. Regards Allen

Suggest you post your message in the Websphere Studio news group. IBMers from Toronto monitor that. webshpere application server news group. or possibly the CODE/400 newsgroup: Code400 newsgroup

Comment

Hi Allen! "Allen K. Madsen" wrote: > I'm having trouble installing the new version of WDT on my workstation. > I'm running Windows 2000 SP2 (Danish) and WDT V4R5M0 SP1. I also have > the EAP version of Webfacing installed. I had some similar problems some weeks ago. We also had WDT V4R5 installed on two W2k machines. One has updated to WDT V5R1 without any problem, but on the other machine the SETUP crashed. I have then uninstalled WDT V4R5 from this machine, rebooted it, deleted the rest of the package (some directories will not be deleted) and after that, the SETUP worked. It seems to me, that the WDT V5R1 SETUP has problems with updating on some machines. HTH and bye Daniel

Comment

I have asked our install development team to look at the problem. It might be a different kind of install problem though, since this is on a Danish machine.

Comment

Allen, I suspect that before you can successfully install the V5.1 stuff you will have to manually remove the V4R5M1 product because of the EAP. My WebFacing EAP installers effectively corrupt the 451 install. If you are a true EAP participant you would have received a note from me at the beginning of the year about how to remove the EAP WebFacing and prepare your machine for installing V5.1. Mike Allen K. Madsen wrote: >Hi, > >I'm having trouble installing the new version of WDT on my workstation. >Installation of VisualAge 3.5.3 from CD5 worked fine, but when I try to >install the rest of the product I get the following message: IBM >WebSphere Development Tools for Iseries can only be installed by a >System Administrator... > >I get this message even when I'm logged on as Administrator (both >locally and on the domain). > >I'm running Windows 2000 SP2 (Danish) and WDT V4R5M0 SP1. I also have >the EAP version of Webfacing installed. > >Regards >Allen >

Comment

Mike, I never got the mail explaining how to remove the EAP WebFacing . This is my own fault because I never responded to the mail you sent requesting our postal/shipping address. Could you send me the instructions? Allen "M.Hockings" wrote: > Allen, > > I suspect that before you can successfully install the V5.1 stuff you > will have to manually remove the V4R5M1 product because of the EAP. > > My WebFacing EAP installers effectively corrupt the 451 install. If you > are a true EAP participant you would have received a note from me at the > beginning of the year about how to remove the EAP WebFacing and prepare > your machine for installing V5.1. > > Mike

Comment

Allen: since Danish is one of the languages not supported, you might have problem installing it. The install team has given me instructions for working around it, and I will send the instructions to you. Please try that and see if you can install.

Comment

I also have problems install WDT/400 V5R1 onwindows 2000 (swedish version).
                The setup.exe complains that I have to run under administrator authority.
                So I tried go by install/msisetup.exe instead, but it does nothing after install shield has been initialized.
                Any hint?
                ..// Jocke
                Allen: since Danish is one of the languages not supported, you might have problem installing it. The install team has given me instructions for working around it, and I will send the instructions to you. Please try that and see if you can install.

Comment

I had the same problem, so I renamed the administrator-group to "administrators" and then it worked!
                  By the way, I have trouble with the communiaction between PC and AS/400, I get this message in the joblog:
                  Jobb: QZRCSRVS Användare: QUSER Nummer . . . : 005470 Jobbet 005470/QUSER/QZRCSRVS startades 02-02-14 kl 11.15.38 i delsystemet QUSRWRK i QSYS. Jobbet infördes i systemet 02-02-14 kl 11.15.38. User STEJOH from client 192.168.1.12 connected to server. Client request - run program `ëßë /`íëê§!âñ . Cannot resolve to object `ëßë . Type and Subtype X'0401' Authority X'0000'.
                  /Stefan, RBS
                  I also have problems install WDT/400 V5R1 onwindows 2000 (swedish version).
                  The setup.exe complains that I have to run under administrator authority.
                  So I tried go by install/msisetup.exe instead, but it does nothing after install shield has been initialized.
                  Any hint?
                  ..// Jocke

Comment

Working...
                  X