Overrides and OpnQryF and ILE and Service Programs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overrides and OpnQryF and ILE and Service Programs

Also, i have changed the CrtPgm ActGrp parameter to default to the QILE activation group.

Bill, It looks like you have the correct overrides in place. Without the scope parameter, when you go from OPM to ILE, the overrides are not in effect in the ILE programs. Another tack would to make the CL program ILE too so the scope overrides would not be needed. To do that change the type to CLLE and compile into the same activation group. Also, If possible, I prefer to override to *CALLLVL instead of *JOB. That way, if the program dies, the overrides are not still in effect. Lee

Comment

I am still not clear on the minimum needed to be specified for this to all work properly. Here is the scenario: OPM CL Wrapper: OvrDbf filea Ovrscope(*job) OvrDbf fileb share(*yes) Ovrscope(*job) OpnQryf fileb OpnScope(*job) Call pgma {ILE program} (reference to a service program which will use filea) Clof fileb DltOvr file(*all) lvl(*job) Am I doing too much? Not enough? Not correctly? Bill

Comment

Lee, Thanks. After doing some reading, I did notice that things would get easier if I used CLLE. Bill > It looks like you have the correct overrides in place. Without the scope parameter, when you go from OPM to ILE, the overrides are not in effect in the ILE programs. Another tack would to make the CL program ILE too so the scope overrides would not be needed. To do that change the type to CLLE and compile into the same activation group. Also, If possible, I prefer to override to *CALLLVL instead of *JOB. That way, if the program dies, the overrides are not still in effect. > Lee

Comment

Working...
        X