Code400 questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Code400 questions

Here is a few questions about Code/400. I'm running Windows NT, OS400 V5R1, WDT service pack 3. 1. Global variables - Where can I find the list of available values for the variables? For instance - INDENT_SPLIT defaults to HORIZONTAL and I'd like to change it to something else (this is for ILE RPG). The previous version of Code/400 would open a separate window, whereas this version splits the current screen. 2. I have noticed that the FOR/ENDFOR loop (ILE RPG) is not indented. Bug? 3. I have upgraded Code/400 from V3R2M2 to WDT/400. The installation process was more or less without any major problems and the new software is installed in a separate directory. The old directory (adtswin) still contains around 60 MB, so I was just wondering would it be safe to simply delete it? 4. If I connect to server 'A' and server 'B' from my Code/400 session, how can I selectively get the Command shell for those two servers? 5. Resequence lines at save - I have to re-enable this option whenever I reboot my PC even though I specify the 'save option' parameter. Thanks, Goran

Code400 questions

5. Try exiting the command shell by using File/Exit instead of F3 or click the X. This seems to have made it stick for me. Sam "Goran Saric" wrote in message news:3BE870E5.20B0515B@sympatico.ca... > Here is a few questions about Code/400. I'm running Windows NT, OS400 > V5R1, WDT service pack 3. > > 1. Global variables - Where can I find the list of available values for > the variables? For instance - INDENT_SPLIT defaults to HORIZONTAL and > I'd like to change it to something else (this is for ILE RPG). The > previous version of Code/400 would open a separate window, whereas this > version splits the current screen. > > 2. I have noticed that the FOR/ENDFOR loop (ILE RPG) is not indented. > Bug? > > 3. I have upgraded Code/400 from V3R2M2 to WDT/400. The installation > process was more or less without any major problems and the new software > is installed in a separate directory. The old directory (adtswin) still > contains around 60 MB, so I was just wondering would it be safe to > simply delete it? > > 4. If I connect to server 'A' and server 'B' from my Code/400 session, > how can I selectively get the Command shell for those two servers? > > 5. Resequence lines at save - I have to re-enable this option whenever I > reboot my PC even though I specify the 'save option' parameter. > > Thanks, > Goran >

Comment

Code400 questions

1. Global variables - as far as I know, your only choices are HORIZONTAL and VERTICAL. The change to go from two windows to a split window was made as a result of a customer request. I believe that you can go back to the old way if you deselect view->default to ring. 2. FOR/ENFOR should be indented as well as MONITOR, ON-ERROR, ENDMON and ELSEIF. These are new opcodes and the indent function had not yet been updated. These will all be working in the next release. 3. ADTSWIN - If you do not have any data files you want to keep, then ADTSWIN can be deleted. Any user-created projects or files should be manually copied to the new directory if you want to continue using them. 4. Command Shell - to make it switch between servers, do options->server and choose the one you want (I'm not sure if this answers this question). 5. If you do not exit from CODE using File->Exit, your settings will not be saved. Perhaps this is the problem. I hope this helps. Goran Saric wrote: > > Here is a few questions about Code/400. I'm running Windows NT, OS400 > V5R1, WDT service pack 3. > > 1. Global variables - Where can I find the list of available values for > the variables? For instance - INDENT_SPLIT defaults to HORIZONTAL and > I'd like to change it to something else (this is for ILE RPG). The > previous version of Code/400 would open a separate window, whereas this > version splits the current screen. > > 2. I have noticed that the FOR/ENDFOR loop (ILE RPG) is not indented. > Bug? > > 3. I have upgraded Code/400 from V3R2M2 to WDT/400. The installation > process was more or less without any major problems and the new software > is installed in a separate directory. The old directory (adtswin) still > contains around 60 MB, so I was just wondering would it be safe to > simply delete it? > > 4. If I connect to server 'A' and server 'B' from my Code/400 session, > how can I selectively get the Command shell for those two servers? > > 5. Resequence lines at save - I have to re-enable this option whenever I > reboot my PC even though I specify the 'save option' parameter. > > Thanks, > Goran

Comment

Code400 questions

Thanks Michele. A couple of comments from me... 1. Global variables - Even before I got your respond I took a wild guess and tried VERTICAL but it didn't work. As a matter of fact, the variable got reset to HORIZONTAL (by itself) after I tried to test it. If I deselect view->defult to ring I will get a brand new Code400 session (window, or ring if you like). The old way was just to create a new 'page' within the same ring. Can I assume that the old way is not working any more? And back to my original question - where can I find the list of available values for Global Variables (not just this one). The numeric ones are ok, but what about the others? 2. FOR/ENDFOR is not a new opcode. We had it on V4R4, but that's ok. It's not critical anyways... 3. Thanks, this will help. 4. Great, I'll try it. 5. This must be something environmental. I remember I had the same problem with one of the previous versions (V3R2M2). I had it installed on Windows 98 (that one didn't work) and on Windows NT (that one worked fine). Same versions, different Windows platforms and I couldn't figure it out. It may be a Windows thing... Thanks again, Goran Michele Cummings wrote:
        1. Global variables - as far as I know, your only choices are HORIZONTAL and VERTICAL. The change to go from two windows to a split window was made as a result of a customer request. I believe that you can go back to the old way if you deselect view->default to ring. 2. FOR/ENFOR should be indented as well as MONITOR, ON-ERROR, ENDMON and ELSEIF. These are new opcodes and the indent function had not yet been updated. These will all be working in the next release. 3. ADTSWIN - If you do not have any data files you want to keep, then ADTSWIN can be deleted. Any user-created projects or files should be manually copied to the new directory if you want to continue using them. 4. Command Shell - to make it switch between servers, do options->server and choose the one you want (I'm not sure if this answers this question). 5. If you do not exit from CODE using File->Exit, your settings will not be saved. Perhaps this is the problem. I hope this helps. Goran Saric wrote: > > Here is a few questions about Code/400. I'm running Windows NT, OS400 > V5R1, WDT service pack 3. > > 1. Global variables - Where can I find the list of available values for > the variables? For instance - INDENT_SPLIT defaults to HORIZONTAL and > I'd like to change it to something else (this is for ILE RPG). The > previous version of Code/400 would open a separate window, whereas this > version splits the current screen. > > 2. I have noticed that the FOR/ENDFOR loop (ILE RPG) is not indented. > Bug? > > 3. I have upgraded Code/400 from V3R2M2 to WDT/400. The installation > process was more or less without any major problems and the new software > is installed in a separate directory. The old directory (adtswin) still > contains around 60 MB, so I was just wondering would it be safe to > simply delete it? > > 4. If I connect to server 'A' and server 'B' from my Code/400 session, > how can I selectively get the Command shell for those two servers? > > 5. Resequence lines at save - I have to re-enable this option whenever I > reboot my PC even though I specify the 'save option' parameter. > > Thanks, > Goran

Comment

Code400 questions

Goran, I will look further into the Global variables and indent view issue as well as the loss of your settings. Does it never save your settings? Is it only this one setting that you have problems with? Thanks! Goran Saric wrote: > > Thanks Michele. A couple of comments from me... > > 1. Global variables - Even before I got your respond I took a wild > guess and tried VERTICAL but it didn't work. As a matter of fact, the > variable got reset to HORIZONTAL (by itself) after I tried to test it. > If I deselect view->defult to ring I will get a brand new Code400 > session (window, or ring if you like). The old way was just to create > a new 'page' within the same ring. Can I assume that the old way is > not working any more? And back to my original question - where can I > find the list of available values for Global Variables (not just this > one). The numeric ones are ok, but what about the others? > > 2. FOR/ENDFOR is not a new opcode. We had it on V4R4, but that's ok. > It's not critical anyways... > > 3. Thanks, this will help. > > 4. Great, I'll try it. > > 5. This must be something environmental. I remember I had the same > problem with one of the previous versions (V3R2M2). I had it installed > on Windows 98 (that one didn't work) and on Windows NT (that one > worked fine). Same versions, different Windows platforms and I > couldn't figure it out. It may be a Windows thing... > > Thanks again, > Goran > > Michele Cummings wrote: > > > 1. Global variables - as far as I know, your only choices are > > HORIZONTAL and VERTICAL. The change to go from two windows to a > > split > > window was made as a result of a customer request. I believe that > > you > > can go back to the old way if you deselect view->default to ring. > > > > 2. FOR/ENFOR should be indented as well as MONITOR, ON-ERROR, > > ENDMON > > and ELSEIF. These are new opcodes and the indent function had not > > yet > > been updated. These will all be working in the next release. > > > > 3. ADTSWIN - If you do not have any data files you want to keep, > > then > > ADTSWIN can be deleted. Any user-created projects or files should be > > > > manually copied to the new directory if you want to continue using > > them. > > > > 4. Command Shell - to make it switch between servers, do > > options->server and choose the one you want (I'm not sure if this > > answers this question). > > > > 5. If you do not exit from CODE using File->Exit, your settings > > will > > not be saved. Perhaps this is the problem. > > > > I hope this helps. > > > > Goran Saric wrote: > > > > > > Here is a few questions about Code/400. I'm running Windows NT, > > OS400 > > > V5R1, WDT service pack 3. > > > > > > 1. Global variables - Where can I find the list of available > > values for > > > the variables? For instance - INDENT_SPLIT defaults to HORIZONTAL > > and > > > I'd like to change it to something else (this is for ILE RPG). The > > > > > previous version of Code/400 would open a separate window, whereas > > this > > > version splits the current screen. > > > > > > 2. I have noticed that the FOR/ENDFOR loop (ILE RPG) is not > > indented. > > > Bug? > > > > > > 3. I have upgraded Code/400 from V3R2M2 to WDT/400. The > > installation > > > process was more or less without any major problems and the new > > software > > > is installed in a separate directory. The old directory (adtswin) > > still > > > contains around 60 MB, so I was just wondering would it be safe to > > > > > simply delete it? > > > > > > 4. If I connect to server 'A' and server 'B' from my Code/400 > > session, > > > how can I selectively get the Command shell for those two servers? > > > > > > > > 5. Resequence lines at save - I have to re-enable this option > > whenever I > > > reboot my PC even though I specify the 'save option' parameter. > > > > > > Thanks, > > > Goran

Comment

Code400 questions

Goran, I will look further into the Global variables and indent view issue as well as the loss of your settings. Does it never save your settings? Is it only this one setting that you have problems with? Thanks! Goran Saric wrote: > > Thanks Michele. A couple of comments from me... > > 1. Global variables - Even before I got your respond I took a wild > guess and tried VERTICAL but it didn't work. As a matter of fact, the > variable got reset to HORIZONTAL (by itself) after I tried to test it. > If I deselect view->defult to ring I will get a brand new Code400 > session (window, or ring if you like). The old way was just to create > a new 'page' within the same ring. Can I assume that the old way is > not working any more? And back to my original question - where can I > find the list of available values for Global Variables (not just this > one). The numeric ones are ok, but what about the others? > > 2. FOR/ENDFOR is not a new opcode. We had it on V4R4, but that's ok. > It's not critical anyways... > > 3. Thanks, this will help. > > 4. Great, I'll try it. > > 5. This must be something environmental. I remember I had the same > problem with one of the previous versions (V3R2M2). I had it installed > on Windows 98 (that one didn't work) and on Windows NT (that one > worked fine). Same versions, different Windows platforms and I > couldn't figure it out. It may be a Windows thing... > > Thanks again, > Goran > > Michele Cummings wrote: > > > 1. Global variables - as far as I know, your only choices are > > HORIZONTAL and VERTICAL. The change to go from two windows to a > > split > > window was made as a result of a customer request. I believe that > > you > > can go back to the old way if you deselect view->default to ring. > > > > 2. FOR/ENFOR should be indented as well as MONITOR, ON-ERROR, > > ENDMON > > and ELSEIF. These are new opcodes and the indent function had not > > yet > > been updated. These will all be working in the next release. > > > > 3. ADTSWIN - If you do not have any data files you want to keep, > > then > > ADTSWIN can be deleted. Any user-created projects or files should be > > > > manually copied to the new directory if you want to continue using > > them. > > > > 4. Command Shell - to make it switch between servers, do > > options->server and choose the one you want (I'm not sure if this > > answers this question). > > > > 5. If you do not exit from CODE using File->Exit, your settings > > will > > not be saved. Perhaps this is the problem. > > > > I hope this helps. > > > > Goran Saric wrote: > > > > > > Here is a few questions about Code/400. I'm running Windows NT, > > OS400 > > > V5R1, WDT service pack 3. > > > > > > 1. Global variables - Where can I find the list of available > > values for > > > the variables? For instance - INDENT_SPLIT defaults to HORIZONTAL > > and > > > I'd like to change it to something else (this is for ILE RPG). The > > > > > previous version of Code/400 would open a separate window, whereas > > this > > > version splits the current screen. > > > > > > 2. I have noticed that the FOR/ENDFOR loop (ILE RPG) is not > > indented. > > > Bug? > > > > > > 3. I have upgraded Code/400 from V3R2M2 to WDT/400. The > > installation > > > process was more or less without any major problems and the new > > software > > > is installed in a separate directory. The old directory (adtswin) > > still > > > contains around 60 MB, so I was just wondering would it be safe to > > > > > simply delete it? > > > > > > 4. If I connect to server 'A' and server 'B' from my Code/400 > > session, > > > how can I selectively get the Command shell for those two servers? > > > > > > > > 5. Resequence lines at save - I have to re-enable this option > > whenever I > > > reboot my PC even though I specify the 'save option' parameter. > > > > > > Thanks, > > > Goran

Comment

Code400 questions

Goran, The View->Split should not get changed from VERTICAL to HORIZONTAL as it does. If you chose VERTICAL on the menu, you should get a VERTICAL split. I will open an apar for this. I did notice that when you are in the indent view and then choose VERTICAL, you do indeed get the VERTICAL split so for now you could do that. As far as the change to how the indent view is shown, the old way as you once knew it is gone. (another page on the same ring). I believe that having a VERTICAL split is a somewhat more useful way of looking at the indent view. I hope this suits your needs. Michele Cummings wrote: > > Goran, > I will look further into the Global variables and indent view issue as > well as the loss of your settings. > Does it never save your settings? Is it only this one setting that you > have problems with? > > Thanks! > > Goran Saric wrote: > > > > Thanks Michele. A couple of comments from me... > > > > 1. Global variables - Even before I got your respond I took a wild > > guess and tried VERTICAL but it didn't work. As a matter of fact, the > > variable got reset to HORIZONTAL (by itself) after I tried to test it. > > If I deselect view->defult to ring I will get a brand new Code400 > > session (window, or ring if you like). The old way was just to create > > a new 'page' within the same ring. Can I assume that the old way is > > not working any more? And back to my original question - where can I > > find the list of available values for Global Variables (not just this > > one). The numeric ones are ok, but what about the others? > > > > 2. FOR/ENDFOR is not a new opcode. We had it on V4R4, but that's ok. > > It's not critical anyways... > > > > 3. Thanks, this will help. > > > > 4. Great, I'll try it. > > > > 5. This must be something environmental. I remember I had the same > > problem with one of the previous versions (V3R2M2). I had it installed > > on Windows 98 (that one didn't work) and on Windows NT (that one > > worked fine). Same versions, different Windows platforms and I > > couldn't figure it out. It may be a Windows thing... > > > > Thanks again, > > Goran > > > > Michele Cummings wrote: > > > > > 1. Global variables - as far as I know, your only choices are > > > HORIZONTAL and VERTICAL. The change to go from two windows to a > > > split > > > window was made as a result of a customer request. I believe that > > > you > > > can go back to the old way if you deselect view->default to ring. > > > > > > 2. FOR/ENFOR should be indented as well as MONITOR, ON-ERROR, > > > ENDMON > > > and ELSEIF. These are new opcodes and the indent function had not > > > yet > > > been updated. These will all be working in the next release. > > > > > > 3. ADTSWIN - If you do not have any data files you want to keep, > > > then > > > ADTSWIN can be deleted. Any user-created projects or files should be > > > > > > manually copied to the new directory if you want to continue using > > > them. > > > > > > 4. Command Shell - to make it switch between servers, do > > > options->server and choose the one you want (I'm not sure if this > > > answers this question). > > > > > > 5. If you do not exit from CODE using File->Exit, your settings > > > will > > > not be saved. Perhaps this is the problem. > > > > > > I hope this helps. > > > > > > Goran Saric wrote: > > > > > > > > Here is a few questions about Code/400. I'm running Windows NT, > > > OS400 > > > > V5R1, WDT service pack 3. > > > > > > > > 1. Global variables - Where can I find the list of available > > > values for > > > > the variables? For instance - INDENT_SPLIT defaults to HORIZONTAL > > > and > > > > I'd like to change it to something else (this is for ILE RPG). The > > > > > > > previous version of Code/400 would open a separate window, whereas > > > this > > > > version splits the current screen. > > > > > > > > 2. I have noticed that the FOR/ENDFOR loop (ILE RPG) is not > > > indented. > > > > Bug? > > > > > > > > 3. I have upgraded Code/400 from V3R2M2 to WDT/400. The > > > installation > > > > process was more or less without any major problems and the new > > > software > > > > is installed in a separate directory. The old directory (adtswin) > > > still > > > > contains around 60 MB, so I was just wondering would it be safe to > > > > > > > simply delete it? > > > > > > > > 4. If I connect to server 'A' and server 'B' from my Code/400 > > > session, > > > > how can I selectively get the Command shell for those two servers? > > > > > > > > > > > 5. Resequence lines at save - I have to re-enable this option > > > whenever I > > > > reboot my PC even though I specify the 'save option' parameter. > > > > > > > > Thanks, > > > > Goran

Comment

Code400 questions

Goran, The View->Split should not get changed from VERTICAL to HORIZONTAL as it does. If you chose VERTICAL on the menu, you should get a VERTICAL split. I will open an apar for this. I did notice that when you are in the indent view and then choose VERTICAL, you do indeed get the VERTICAL split so for now you could do that. As far as the change to how the indent view is shown, the old way as you once knew it is gone. (another page on the same ring). I believe that having a VERTICAL split is a somewhat more useful way of looking at the indent view. I hope this suits your needs. Michele Cummings wrote: > > Goran, > I will look further into the Global variables and indent view issue as > well as the loss of your settings. > Does it never save your settings? Is it only this one setting that you > have problems with? > > Thanks! > > Goran Saric wrote: > > > > Thanks Michele. A couple of comments from me... > > > > 1. Global variables - Even before I got your respond I took a wild > > guess and tried VERTICAL but it didn't work. As a matter of fact, the > > variable got reset to HORIZONTAL (by itself) after I tried to test it. > > If I deselect view->defult to ring I will get a brand new Code400 > > session (window, or ring if you like). The old way was just to create > > a new 'page' within the same ring. Can I assume that the old way is > > not working any more? And back to my original question - where can I > > find the list of available values for Global Variables (not just this > > one). The numeric ones are ok, but what about the others? > > > > 2. FOR/ENDFOR is not a new opcode. We had it on V4R4, but that's ok. > > It's not critical anyways... > > > > 3. Thanks, this will help. > > > > 4. Great, I'll try it. > > > > 5. This must be something environmental. I remember I had the same > > problem with one of the previous versions (V3R2M2). I had it installed > > on Windows 98 (that one didn't work) and on Windows NT (that one > > worked fine). Same versions, different Windows platforms and I > > couldn't figure it out. It may be a Windows thing... > > > > Thanks again, > > Goran > > > > Michele Cummings wrote: > > > > > 1. Global variables - as far as I know, your only choices are > > > HORIZONTAL and VERTICAL. The change to go from two windows to a > > > split > > > window was made as a result of a customer request. I believe that > > > you > > > can go back to the old way if you deselect view->default to ring. > > > > > > 2. FOR/ENFOR should be indented as well as MONITOR, ON-ERROR, > > > ENDMON > > > and ELSEIF. These are new opcodes and the indent function had not > > > yet > > > been updated. These will all be working in the next release. > > > > > > 3. ADTSWIN - If you do not have any data files you want to keep, > > > then > > > ADTSWIN can be deleted. Any user-created projects or files should be > > > > > > manually copied to the new directory if you want to continue using > > > them. > > > > > > 4. Command Shell - to make it switch between servers, do > > > options->server and choose the one you want (I'm not sure if this > > > answers this question). > > > > > > 5. If you do not exit from CODE using File->Exit, your settings > > > will > > > not be saved. Perhaps this is the problem. > > > > > > I hope this helps. > > > > > > Goran Saric wrote: > > > > > > > > Here is a few questions about Code/400. I'm running Windows NT, > > > OS400 > > > > V5R1, WDT service pack 3. > > > > > > > > 1. Global variables - Where can I find the list of available > > > values for > > > > the variables? For instance - INDENT_SPLIT defaults to HORIZONTAL > > > and > > > > I'd like to change it to something else (this is for ILE RPG). The > > > > > > > previous version of Code/400 would open a separate window, whereas > > > this > > > > version splits the current screen. > > > > > > > > 2. I have noticed that the FOR/ENDFOR loop (ILE RPG) is not > > > indented. > > > > Bug? > > > > > > > > 3. I have upgraded Code/400 from V3R2M2 to WDT/400. The > > > installation > > > > process was more or less without any major problems and the new > > > software > > > > is installed in a separate directory. The old directory (adtswin) > > > still > > > > contains around 60 MB, so I was just wondering would it be safe to > > > > > > > simply delete it? > > > > > > > > 4. If I connect to server 'A' and server 'B' from my Code/400 > > > session, > > > > how can I selectively get the Command shell for those two servers? > > > > > > > > > > > 5. Resequence lines at save - I have to re-enable this option > > > whenever I > > > > reboot my PC even though I specify the 'save option' parameter. > > > > > > > > Thanks, > > > > Goran

Comment

Code400 questions

Comment

Working...
                  X