Syntax checking for CODE in german language

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Syntax checking for CODE in german language

I am using WDT/400 SP4 and W2K Pro in german language. The AS/400 has V4R5M0 with CCSID 273. For field names we can use the §-sign. For the english version I think it is the @-sign. The compile works very fine, but for sytax checking I get always an error message. Is this a bug or didn't I define anything else? Regards, Hanspeter Gunz

Hi Hanspeter, What are you tring to check, RPG, Cobol, DDS, etc.? It this using the editor (CodeEdit)? Kind regards, Mike Hanspeter Gunz wrote: >I am using WDT/400 SP4 and W2K Pro in german language. > >The AS/400 has V4R5M0 with CCSID 273. > >For field names we can use the §-sign. For the english version I think it is >the @-sign. The compile works very fine, but for sytax checking I get always >an error message. Is this a bug or didn't I define anything else? > >Regards, > >Hanspeter Gunz >

Comment

Hi Mike, This error is in RPG, RPGLE... (CL-Programs) in CodeEditor and in DDS in CodeDesigner. Kind regards, Hanspeter "M.Hockings" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:3BFE9AB3.9060303@ca.ibm.com... > Hi Hanspeter, > > What are you tring to check, RPG, Cobol, DDS, etc.? It this using the > editor (CodeEdit)? > > Kind regards, > > Mike > > Hanspeter Gunz wrote: > > >I am using WDT/400 SP4 and W2K Pro in german language. > > > >The AS/400 has V4R5M0 with CCSID 273. > > > >For field names we can use the §-sign. For the english version I think it is > >the @-sign. The compile works very fine, but for sytax checking I get always > >an error message. Is this a bug or didn't I define anything else? > > > >Regards, > > > >Hanspeter Gunz > > >

Comment

Hi Hanspeter,
        Something that I just thought about is that you need to make sure is that the code pages for the file you are opening, the iSeries job that you are running (i.e., the settings for the id that you are using to access the iSeries) and the local PC are all compatible. For example if you were running in a German codepage on the iSeries and US-English on the PC then you will have this type of problem. This is because when CODE brings the file to the local machine it does a translation from the iSeries code page to the local PC code page. The '@' (at sign) , '#' (hash ) and '$' (dollar) sign are "variant" characters (at least I think it is those three) in this translation and get moved about. The graphic used for the hex code points of these characters in US-English is different for other code pages. In your case I expect that the '§' is the same hex code as the '$' in US-English. If youopen your file with the PC set to US-English then t he special character will be mapped to an incorrect hex code andhence won't be within the accepted range of characters for names, etc. 
        So, in short, make sure that you PC's regional settings (locale, input method, etc.) match those of the userid that you are using on the iSeries and the file that you are looking at on the iSeries. Kind regards, Mike Hanspeter Gunz wrote:
        Hi Mike, This error is in RPG, RPGLE... (CL-Programs) in CodeEditor and in DDS in CodeDesigner. Kind regards, Hanspeter "M.Hockings"  schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:3BFE9AB3.9060303@ca.ibm.com... 
        Hi Hanspeter, What are you tring to check, RPG, Cobol, DDS, etc.? It this using the editor (CodeEdit)? Kind regards, Mike Hanspeter Gunz wrote: 
        I am using WDT/400 SP4 and W2K Pro in german language. The AS/400 has V4R5M0 with CCSID 273. For field names we can use the §-sign. For the english version I think it 
        is 
        the @-sign. The compile works very fine, but for sytax checking I get 
        always 
        an error message. Is this a bug or didn't I define anything else? Regards, Hanspeter Gunz 

Comment

Hi Mike,
          I have a new realization. The syntax check works fine, if the command shell is not open(!). After a compilation or F9 the command shell is open, I can only use the @-sign (but I have to use the §-sign). Compile and verify works fine. After closing command shell and code editor then the syntax check works fine with a new source file.
          In code designer i can never use the §-sign. The verify works fine.
          Kind regards,
          Hanspeter
          "M.Hockings" <hockings@ca.ibm.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:3C028C79.5020204@ca.ibm.com...
          Hi Hanspeter,
          Something that I just thought about is that you need to make sure is that the code pages for the file you are opening, the iSeries job that you are running (i.e., the settings for the id that you are using to access the iSeries) and the local PC are all compatible. For example if you were running in a German codepage on the iSeries and US-English on the PC then you will have this type of problem. This is because when CODE brings the file to the local machine it does a translation from the iSeries code page to the local PC code page. The '@' (at sign) , '#' (hash ) and '$' (dollar) sign are "variant" characters (at least I think it is those three) in this translation and get moved about. The graphic used for the hex code points of these characters in US-English is different for other code pages. In your case I expect that the '§' is the same hex code as the '$' in US-English. If youopen your file with the PC set to US-English then t he special character will be mapped to an incorrect hex code andhence won't be within the accepted range of characters for names, etc. 
          So, in short, make sure that you PC's regional settings (locale, input method, etc.) match those of the userid that you are using on the iSeries and the file that you are looking at on the iSeries. Kind regards, Mike Hanspeter Gunz wrote:
          Hi Mike, This error is in RPG, RPGLE... (CL-Programs) in CodeEditor and in DDS in CodeDesigner. Kind regards, Hanspeter "M.Hockings"  schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:3BFE9AB3.9060303@ca.ibm.com... 
          Hi Hanspeter, What are you tring to check, RPG, Cobol, DDS, etc.? It this using the editor (CodeEdit)? Kind regards, Mike Hanspeter Gunz wrote: 
          I am using WDT/400 SP4 and W2K Pro in german language. The AS/400 has V4R5M0 with CCSID 273. For field names we can use the §-sign. For the english version I think it 
          is 
          the @-sign. The compile works very fine, but for sytax checking I get 
          always 
          an error message. Is this a bug or didn't I define anything else? Regards, Hanspeter Gunz 

Comment

Working...
          X