WDT400 Update Problems on fresh W2K Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WDT400 Update Problems on fresh W2K Pro

Hi All, Any help would be appreciated... I am trying to setup WDT400 on a fresh install of Win2kPro. I installed Win2KPro, and all updates, then Disk 5 (VA Java & Debugger), then DVD for the rest. The installs went fine, no errors. I then started applying the updates and ran into two problems: 1) the WebSphere Studio SP2 file will not run. It says 'component not installed' and ends. WS Studio is installed and working. 2) SP3 Web & Full both fail. They start Windows Installer, then say the 'wizard was terminated before IBM_WDT_iSeries_V51_SP3 could be completely installed'. Any ideas, solutions? Thanks, Dave

WDT400 Update Problems on fresh W2K Pro

Not sure what's going on there. I've installed WDT on many W2K machines without problems. SP1 had some major bugs in it. And Installing WDT on anytihng other than W2K is an exercise in futility. But, SP3 seems to be very stable to me. Same for SP2. By the way, SP3 can be installed without installing SP2, I believe. If you don't have anything else on this PC, and you don't want to screw around with trying to find the problem and fix it...then I'd suggest formatting the hard drive, reloading W2K and then installing the WDT tools.

Comment

Working...
    X