Installing Websphere under Windows XP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing Websphere under Windows XP

I have used Websphere now for a little over 1 year and love it. I have greatly increased my efficiency. I recently installed Windows XP Proffesional edition on my PC and when I try to install Websphere it gives me an error saying that I am not an administrator. I get this message even when I try to install with the ADMINISTRATOR User profile. Any Help available ??????

Dean, Over in the Studio400 forum Alan Chao submitted this info that may get you going. However I'm not sure about how much help you will get from software support if you call them with a problem when running on XP as it's not one of the supported OS's for the product. Kind regards, Mike Hi, First of all, WDT 5.1 was released before XP is available. The following is a set of instructions to guide you thru' installing WDT 5.1 onto XP, but please note that some functions of the product may not work with XP. Here are the instructions to install V5R1M0 on WinXP. 1. Set the registry key. [HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareIBMWDT400Transient] "InstallSrcpath"="G:" Replace "G:" with where the source you install from(your CD drive letter). 2. Run installmsisetup.exe (in CD1) 3. Run installinv51setup.exe (in CD1) Dean Bathke wrote: >I have used Websphere now for a little over 1 year and love it. I have >greatly increased my efficiency. I recently installed Windows XP >Proffesional edition on my PC and when I try to install Websphere it gives >me an error saying that I am not an administrator. I get this message even >when I try to install with the ADMINISTRATOR User profile. >Any Help available ?????? > > -- Mike Hockings, P.Eng. WebSphere Development Tools for AS/400 - CODE/Designer & WebFacing ! IBM Canada Ltd., Laboratory hockings@ca.ibm.com

Comment

"M.Hockings" wrote: > Over in the Studio400 forum What and where is this? -- -Jeff New email address: jlcrosby@dilgardfoods.com The opinions expressed are my own and not necessarily the opinion of my company. Unless I say so.

Comment

Right here: news://news.software.ibm.com/ibm.sof...here.studio400 Jeff Crosby wrote: >"M.Hockings" wrote: > >>Over in the Studio400 forum >> > >What and where is this? > -- Mike Hockings, P.Eng. WebSphere Development Tools for AS/400 - CODE/Designer & WebFacing ! IBM Canada Ltd., Laboratory hockings@ca.ibm.com

Comment

I have installed WDT/400 fine on XP. See the link below for the steps: http://www-1.ibm.com/support/manager...SW&doc=1047266 Good Luck! "M.Hockings" wrote in message news:3C211FB9.3080909@ca.ibm.com... > Dean, > > Over in the Studio400 forum Alan Chao submitted this info that may get you going. However I'm not sure about how much help you will get from software support if you call them with a problem when running on XP as it's not one of the supported OS's for the product. > > Kind regards, > Mike > > > Hi, > First of all, WDT 5.1 was released before XP is available. > The following is a set of instructions to guide you thru' installing WDT 5.1 > onto XP, but please note that some functions of the product may not work with XP. > > Here are the instructions to install V5R1M0 on WinXP. > 1. Set the registry key. > [HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareIBMWDT400Transient] > "InstallSrcpath"="G:" > Replace "G:" with where the source you install from(your CD drive > letter). > > 2. Run installmsisetup.exe (in CD1) > 3. Run installinv51setup.exe (in CD1) > > > > Dean Bathke wrote: > > >I have used Websphere now for a little over 1 year and love it. I have > >greatly increased my efficiency. I recently installed Windows XP > >Proffesional edition on my PC and when I try to install Websphere it gives > >me an error saying that I am not an administrator. I get this message even > >when I try to install with the ADMINISTRATOR User profile. > >Any Help available ?????? > > > > > > -- > Mike Hockings, P.Eng. > WebSphere Development Tools for AS/400 - CODE/Designer & WebFacing ! > IBM Canada Ltd., Laboratory > hockings@ca.ibm.com > >

Comment

Working...
          X