Distributed Debugger & 'Error Error Error' in QPRINT Spool File

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Distributed Debugger & 'Error Error Error' in QPRINT Spool File

Hi, Recently, our shop has started to use the 'IBM Distributed Debugger' to debug RPGLE programs on our iSeries. We have noticed that a print file sometimes gets created with error messages in it. The only text is 'Error Error Error' printed repeatedly on every line. The file has ranged from 10 to 600 pages. It seems to take the system defaults for QPRINT which is not HELD on our system. This causes the file to start printing automatically if it is not caught before the job completes. Has anyone seen this before or have any idea what causes it? Here some of the spool file details - File - QPRINT Job - QPRTJOB User - (Who ever is using the debugger) Library - QUSRSYS Queue - (Takes System Default) We are using WDT V5R1M0 on Win2000 machines and OS/400 V4R5 on our iSeries. We are at Service Pack 1 on WDT. The Debugger and OLT are at version 9. Thanks, Marc Tidd Programmer/Analyst Maine Public Service Company

Distributed Debugger & 'Error Error Error' in QPRINT Spool File

I have additional info on my problem. I have found the source of the file but still do not know what the cause is. It is being generated by the 'Q5BWHSRV' job. After putting the spool file on hold I have continued to use the debugger. The debugger continues to add lines to the spool file. Marc Tidd wrote: > Hi, > > Recently, our shop has started to use the 'IBM Distributed Debugger' to > debug RPGLE programs on our iSeries. We have noticed that a print file > sometimes gets created with error messages in it. The only text is > 'Error Error Error' printed repeatedly on every line. The file has > ranged from 10 to 600 pages. It seems to take the system defaults for > QPRINT which is not HELD on our system. This causes the file to start > printing automatically if it is not caught before the job completes. > > Has anyone seen this before or have any idea what causes it? > > Here some of the spool file details - > > File - QPRINT > Job - QPRTJOB > User - (Who ever is using the debugger) > Library - QUSRSYS > Queue - (Takes System Default) > > We are using WDT V5R1M0 on Win2000 machines and OS/400 V4R5 on our > iSeries. > We are at Service Pack 1 on WDT. The Debugger and OLT are at version 9. > > Thanks, > > Marc Tidd > Programmer/Analyst > Maine Public Service Company

Comment

Working...
    X