Not keying a "." in a numeric field with decimal positions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not keying a "." in a numeric field with decimal positions

Most numeric fields are of type "Y", but you may be able to define the field to DDS as having zero decimal places, and then redefine the field as type "D" and RAZ (Right adjust zero fill). This will prevent any characters other than 1 - 9 being entered. It will also force the user to use the "field exit" key to leave the field. The numbers will right adjust and zero fill. Your program can then create a data structure that will redefine the field as having two decimal places. Dave

Using data type/keyboard shift "S" seems to work. "Michael Soucy" wrote in message news:22135399.-1@WebX.WawyahGHajS... > Is there a DDS command that can be used on a display file to not require the user to key a "." in a numeric field with decimal positions? The reason why I am asking is that I want to convert an interactive DFU program that I have into a RPG program. In DFU for a numeric field with decimal positions you don't key the decimal point. I want to make my RPG program easy for the user to use, since they are used to not keying the decimal point. The only way I know how to do this would be to define a new field on the display with no decimal postions, and move the field from the screen into the field with decimal positions. > > Michael Soucy

Comment

Is there a DDS command that can be used on a display file to not require the user to key a "." in a numeric field with decimal positions? The reason why I am asking is that I want to convert an interactive DFU program that I have into a RPG program. In DFU for a numeric field with decimal positions you don't key the decimal point. I want to make my RPG program easy for the user to use, since they are used to not keying the decimal point. The only way I know how to do this would be to define a new field on the display with no decimal postions, and move the field from the screen into the field with decimal positions. Michael Soucy

Comment

Thanks I'll give it a try.

Comment

Working...
        X