Compiling Java from CODE/400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compiling Java from CODE/400

Hello, On my W2K PC, using CODE/400....I am unable to compile a Java source file. I get the error message: javac (my source file) unexepected error running command: javac (my source file) I checked the W2K Environment variables and they are set to point the CLASSPATH to C:WDT400JAVA;C:WDT400STUDIO35BIN;C:WDT400SDKBIN; and JAVAHOME is set to C:WDT400STUDIO35BIN which were set by the WDT installation studio program. Any suggestions on how to compile Java with CODE/400? -- Shannon O'Donnell

>On my W2K PC, using CODE/400....I am unable to compile a Java source >file. I get the error message: > >javac (my source file) >unexepected error running command: javac (my source file) You must set PATH (not CLASSPATH) so that Code can find JAVAC. There are probably several Java environments on your PC. I use the JAVAC that corresponds to the IBM VAJ install. I think that's C:/PROGRA~1/IBM/Java12/bin I'm not at my home PC so I can't tell for sure. Do a Find to double check it. --buck

Comment

Oh man! I can't believe I missed that! That was too easy once you pointed out the solution!!! Talk about not seeing the forest for the trees! Thanks Buck! "Buck Calabro" wrote in message news:9urcat$1du4$1@news.boulder.ibm.com... > >On my W2K PC, using CODE/400....I am unable to compile a Java source > >file. I get the error message: > > > >javac (my source file) > >unexepected error running command: javac (my source file) > > You must set PATH (not CLASSPATH) so that Code can find JAVAC. There are > probably several Java environments on your PC. I use the JAVAC that > corresponds to the IBM VAJ install. I think that's > C:/PROGRA~1/IBM/Java12/bin I'm not at my home PC so I can't tell for sure. > Do a Find to double check it. > --buck > >

Comment

Working...
      X