Stopping STRCODE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stopping STRCODE

When I start up code/400, I always seem to have to use the STRCODETCP program - is this related to the Current Library issue I saws in some other posts? Also, when I'm done with my code/400 session, how am I supposed to kill the process on the /400? I always end up doing a SysRequest, option 2 which strikes me as exceedingly inelegant. chip milosch

Stopping STRCODE

As far as I understand, STRCODETCP is a utility created to search for remote location for you, then STRCODE. In fact, on V5R1 OS/400 host, we have provided a similar feature *RESOLVE for STRCODE. You can just simply type STRCODE RMTLOCNAME(*RESOLVE) and it will make the connection without you knowing your workstation name. To shutdown the server, you can bring up the Communications console either from CODE editor or start program. From the Server Settings, select the server OS400, then select SHUTDOWN. If you want to shut down all servers, you can go to CODE editor->Windows->Communications->Shutdown all servers; OR Right click on daemon icon->Shutdown all servers.

Comment

Working...
    X