Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Websphere on XP not supported until March or April, according to IBM support.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Websphere on XP not supported until March or April, according to IBM support.

For those of us with PC's expiring on leases at year end, and having all new machines shipping with XP pre-loaded, this poses a major problem. Perhaps IBM can up the priority on an install workaround? Currently the V5R1 setup.exe on CD1 bombs immediately with an error message 'you must be an administrator' to install this product. This message appears regardless of your administrative rights on the PC.

See my posting to an earlier inquiry along the same lines. Mike peterwilliamsmith@attglobal.net wrote: >For those of us with PC's expiring on leases at year end, and having all new >machines shipping with XP pre-loaded, this poses a major problem. > >Perhaps IBM can up the priority on an install workaround? > >Currently the V5R1 setup.exe on CD1 bombs immediately with an error message >'you must be an administrator' to install this product. This message >appears regardless of your administrative rights on the PC. > > -- Mike Hockings, P.Eng. WebSphere Development Tools for AS/400 - CODE/Designer & WebFacing ! IBM Canada Ltd., Laboratory hockings@ca.ibm.com

Comment

Hi Peter! wrote: > Currently the V5R1 setup.exe on CD1 bombs immediately with an error > message 'you must be an administrator' to install this product. This > message appears regardless of your administrative rights on the PC. This was discussed some days/weeks ago. I have CODE/400 and VRPG running on XP for some weeks now, and I have to say it works - at least so good as on W2k. Bye Daniel

Comment

Working...
      X