IXLC on Windows client and header files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IXLC on Windows client and header files

Hallo, I have a problem to compile modules with IXLC when I am using local include files (on a Windows Workstation). IXLC coud not find the include files (using option -I). Thanks. Andreas

IXLC does not support header files on your local directories. All header files must reside on AS/400 and should be specified in IFS file format in your-I option.

Comment

Hallo Hak Lui, the documentation discripes that the -I option is local: ILE C/C++ Compiler Reference ... ixlc Command Options ... INCDIR - When used on a Windows client command line, specifies directories on the client workstation. - When used on the Qshell command line, specifies directories on an iSeries system. Include environment variables are overwritten. ... Andreas schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:9uoc42$on4$1@news.boulder.ibm.com... IXLC does not support header files on your local directories. All header files must reside on AS/400 and should be specified in IFS file format in your-I option.

Comment

Apparently the document is out of sync with what is actually designed. At this point, ixlc expects that all header files are on AS/400 host. Support of header files on local workstation are being considered for our future release. WDT gives AS/400 users the convenience to edit and compile files on their PCs and ixlc is provided for users who are used to C/C++ commands on their PCs. For now, you have to copy your header files over to AS/400 to use ixlc.

Comment

Working...
        X