vaj 3.5.3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vaj 3.5.3

As an update, I checked the ibm.software.vajava.install newsgroup and the update to 3.5.3 seems to be going ok. The only posts I saw with serious problems were people trying to upgrade the free entry level versions from 3.5 to 3.5.3 (you cant). Anyone else using VAJ 3.5.3? Alex

vaj 3.5.3

I havent seen any posts here yet, so I'll just mention that VAJ 3.5.3 is out now. You can download it from VADD or get it on a CD. The upgrade process seemed pretty daunting at first. The upgrade manual was 80+ pages printed out, and initially I thought I had to download 9 different self-extracting zips. Turns out the upgrade went very smooth from VAJ 3.5 to VAJ 3.5.3 Professional. About 70 pages of the update manual didnt apply to me, and I only needed 4 of the 9 zip files. My repository and resources converted over just fine and life is good. Sort of. I use the BEA Weblogic integration kit for VAJ to run Weblogic from inside VAJ (like you can do with the websphere test environment). Unfortunately the integration kit will only work with VAJ 3.5. The BEA integration kit installshield aborts if the VAJ version is anything else (event VAJ 3.5.3). Soooo I had to go back to using VAJ 3.5. Not IBM's fault at all but disappointing. At least I ended up with a nice compact repository. Alex Garrison

Comment

vaj 3.5.3

Hi Alex, I downloaded the redbook "Building Java Applications for the iSeries Server with VisualAge for Java 3.5". To follow all the samples in this book Do you think could be OK to use VAJ 3.0.2 that of course is the only one I have? or if I download from IBM's website, what is the best free version to learn from this redbook?. Thank you very much in advance. George

Comment

Working...
      X