File conversion utility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• File conversion utility

Hey Clif! Ever since you vanished from news400 forum, I always wondered where did you go So don't you have any Client Access like Rumba, BosANova, or CA/400? All these have the ability to transfer data from AS/400 in EBCDIC to PC in ASCII. To automate, you can create PC folders on AS/400 and copy your files over them. Then you can kick off a PC program from AS/400 that would copy those ASCII files from AS/400 to your PC, floppy or directly FTP somewhere. I am without a job right now and don't have access to AS/400. My memory is very week in numbers and letters. I think the copy to folder command is CPYPCDOC and to kick off a PC command is STRPCCMD.

File conversion utility

I need to write a file conversion utility that will convert an AS/400 EBCIDIC file containing packed decimal fields to an ANSI PC file. This utility will run on Windows. Can anyone help me? I know this can be done. I just don't remember exactly where I saw this implemented.

Comment

File conversion utility

There is an option in the CA/400 file transfer program to use ANSI rather than ASCII. I think that the file transfer portion of CA/400 does not require a license for the rest of CA/400. Dave

Comment

Working...
      X